- Acromania: OS - from Ziff-Davis.Net.
- Alternative OSs on the net - Huge, comprehensive, alphabetized list of operating systems and OS link sites. All links, no comments.
- badlinks.com - Links to news and sites for Macintosh, Linux, BEOS, Kosh, Amiga, YellowDogLinux, Redhat, and most other alternate OSs for the Macintosh and PC markets.
- How Stuff Works: Operating Systems - Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, and many related links.
- Internet Operating System Counter - Statistics on Internet OS use, WWW, FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in last survey.
- Jeff Silverman's operating system comparison page - Compares 6 different OSs in an effort to find which is the 'best' OS: Windows 98/NT4/2000, Linux Redhat6.2/SPARC/Alpha/Itanium, SunOS PC. Good sized, interesting, useful table. System administrator viewpoint.
- Moreover.com: Operating Systems News - Current breaking OS related news headlines from over 1,500 sources worldwide. Webmasters can put these customized OS headlines on websites for free.
- Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter - The web-based operating system quality and approval metric.
- Operating System Tutorials & Tips - Links to free online how-to guides for Mac, MS DOS, Posix, Windows 95, 98 and NT, UNIX, Linux, OS/2 and more, from Knowledge Hound, the how-to directory.
- OperatingSystems.net - Begun as 'Server Operating Systems Technical Comparison: how does Rhapsody compare as a server OS'; has expanded to compare and contrast other OSs. Technical and non-technical comparisons, recommendations for varied kinds of content creation.
- Opsys.net - Operating system and development news; programming and networking resources, all in one easy to use website.
- OS Counter and Help System - Place to register what you feel about your OS, see what others think of it, get help with it, and/or help others with theirs.
- OS Musings - News and views on operating systems and related aspects of computers.
- OS News: Exploring the Future of Computing - Online magazine on operating systems and computing environments.
- OS Projects - Sortable database of links to many OS projects all over the WWW. Sorts OSs into many broad categories to make it easier to search.
- OS Projects - List, links to some two dozen projects.
- OS WebRing - Many links, many OSs.
- osOpinion - Tech Opinion commentary for the people, by the people.
- OSWars.net - Operating system resource center: general information, documentation, reviews, help, links, downloads for: BeOS, BSD, FreeBSD, Linux, V2OS, Windows, more.
- Pat Gunn's OS page - Descriptions and graphics from many OSs.
- Paul Hsieh OS Page - About 100 links to developer resources for creating OSs, emulators, and alternative OSs.
- QueSO - A tool for identifying the operating system another host on the Internet is running by looking at the "fingerprint" of the packets it generates. The web site is sluggish but interesting.
- Review of Operating Systems - Some 1,000 OS links, and much original content.
- ServerWatch OS Server Sort - Looking for a server that runs a given OS? See a comprehensive list of servers grouped by OS. All servers listed above are profiled.
- The Home Computer Hall of Fame - I like to think of this page as a nostalgia trip, somewhere people can go to in order to find out information about old (and sometimes best forgotten) home computers. I'm still far from providing a complete list (if such a thing is possible), but with help (yours to be precise) I might get close.
- The OS Center - Basic information on various operating systems.
- The OS Files - Total operating systems portal, providing details on all x86 based OS with news, information, secret tips, background, links and availability for every current and planned OS that runs on the PC platform, including Microsoft's Whistler.
- Vintage OS - Information on DOS, OS/2, Unix, BSD, Mac, and other vintage operating systems.
- VMware, Inc. - Virtual Platform Technology: a virtual machine that allows running many OSs at once: BSDs, DOS, Linux, Windows, more.
- Wintel Alternatives - List, descriptions, and logos of many modern PC platforms other than Wintel, and many x86 operating systems other than Windows.
- Convergence International - The non-Wintel user group, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary.