Home / Science / Social Sciences / Social Work
- 232-HELP Information and Referral Center - 232-HELP is a comprehensive information and referral agency for health and human services providing crisis intervention, advocacy, resource referral and case management for southwest Louisiana.
- California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC) - Nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners that prepares social work students and social workers for employment in public child welfare systems
- Child Care in Practice - Quarterly peer-reviewed journal publishing research and practice from all disciplines involved in the provision of children's services. Site contains full index of articles published, notes for authors, subscription and advertising rates.
- Children's Services Practice Notes - Newsletter designed to enhance the practice of North Carolina's child welfare workers by providing them with information about research and practice models.
- Dr. Siu-kau Cheung, CityU of Hong Kong - A registered social worker in Hong Kong and a social work educator, specializing in parent education and researching on family relationships. Site linking to useful ideas on planning social work programmes.
- HIRL Higher Institute for Readaptation Sciences Louvain - HIRL Higher Institute for Readaptation Sciences Louvain is a college of higher education with two departments: the Graduate in Social Readaptation Sciences and the Postgraduate in Non-Commercial Management.
- International Journal of Rural Psychology - Forum for professionals, academics and students to have articles and reports published about issues relating to rural psychology
- Job Resources for Social Workers - Social work job search and links.
- My Christian Social Work Page - Nancy Goforth's Christian Social Work Site. Also includes some personal information and pursuits.
- Nottinghamshire County Council's Social Services website - Information on statutory services provided by Nottinghamshire Social Services, including care for adults and children, adoption and fostering, welfare rights, carers etc.
- ShrinksOnline.com - Professionals only site for anonomously debriefing, informally consulting, and exchanging information. SOL provides research updates, treatment protocols and access to qualified experts.
- Social Science Information Gateway (SOSIG) - The Social Science Information Gateway (SOSIG) aims to provide a trusted source of selected, high quality Internet information for researchers and practitioners in the social sciences, business and law. It is part of the UK Resource Discovery Network.
- Social Services InfoNet - Link to Internet resources, selected and indexed by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts editors. Includes reviewed books in social work, new Web sites, topical bibliographies, and social policy. Some material requires paid subscription.
- Social Work Access Network (SWAN) - SWAN has become the site of choice for professionals, educators, and students searching the web for resources related to social work. Access to lists of schools of social work in the US, listservs, conferences, chats etc. Find members in their Virtual Community.
- Social Work Search - Directory of social work links.
- Social Work Student Resource Pages - Comprehensive UK based database of links to relevant sites useful in research and practice to social workers and students. Includes links to charities, government, mental health, older people, jobs, disability and substance misuse among many others.
- Social Work Student's Essay Help Page - Collection of social work essays collated by a UK social work student. There are about 50 different essays (and growing) under each title which come with their mark and date submitted.
- Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR) - A non-profit association committed to improving the support for research among social workers.
- Student resource site - Assignments from the British Diploma in Social Work completed at Nottingham Trent University in August 1999, and links to other health and social care resources.
- The Barefoot Social Worker - The voice of radical social work in Britain. Articles and essays argue that the social work profession needs to confront class issues.
- The New Social Worker Online - THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER ONLINE is an electronic companion to the print magazine devoted to social work students and recent graduates. Includes full-text articles, an online career center, social work links, and more.
- The Social Work Cafe - Tobi Ann Shane's Social Work Cafe has become the online meeting place of choice for social work students. Access to community bulletin boards, student message board, reading room, career advice, chat etc.
- The Social Work Student - The purpose of this site is to give all students of social work, access to relevant links and information to help you with your course.
- The Therapeutic Milieu - The Therapeutic Milieu is a web community for social work, MFT, counseling and mental health professionals treating at-risk youth and emotionally disturbed children in a group home or residential treatment facility. Many useful links.
- Virtual Social Work - UK Information Gateway featuring resources for social workers, probation officers, psychologists, counsellors, drugs workers and other health and social care staff in the UK. By Conny Carnuth.
- WWW Resources for Social Workers - This is the largest social work meta-index in the world. It allows browsing of hierarchical categories as well as key word searches. Facilitated by Dr Gary Holden.