Home / Recreation / Outdoors / Hiking / Organizations
- Adirondack Mountain Club, Knickerbocker Chapter - Offers hikes and excursions into the Adirondacks and Catskills plus some climbing. Also participates in trail maintenance. (New York City, New York)
- Adirondack Mountain Club, New York Chapter - The chapter maintains a camp in Harriman State Park, Nawakwa. Includes information about the camp, membership requirements, and archives.
- Alpine Club of Williamsport - Schedule of upcoming events. Photos and trip reports. Contact information. (Williamsport, Pennsylvania)
- American Hiking Society - National nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting hiking and to establishing, protecting and maintaining foot trails in America. Listing of events and more than 130 member trail clubs.
- An Óige Hillwalkers Website - Includes our monthly programme of hard hikes in Dublin and Wicklow, club news and events, and lots of gossip!
- Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association - Association of hikers who have shared experiences on the Appalachian Trail. Club members get together every fall.
- Appalachian Trail Conference - ATC is a non-profit membership organization whose volunteers and club affiliates protect and maintain the Appalachian Trail, a 2160-mile footpath that extends from Maine to Georgia. Provides up-to-date information on trail conditions, volunteer opportunities, trail maintenance training, links to trail clubs along the AT corridor.
- Arizona Outdoor Travel Club - AOTC is an Arizona non-profit club promoting outdoor activities like hiking, camping, canoeing, cycling, 4x4. Activities are open to members and general public.
- Arizona Sierra Club Singles - Hiking, biking, backpacking, camping, climbing, caving, canyoneering, and other outdoor and social activities.
- Avon Tramping Club - Christchurch, New Zealand hiking club.
- Bay Area Hiking Clubs - Links to hiking clubs, and organizations that lead hikes in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bishopstown Hillwalking and Orienteering Clubs - Bishoptown, Ireland (southwest) based hiking club
- Blairgowrie and District Hillwalking Club - Friendly, sociable club for those interested in walking in Scotland's hills
- Bloomington Hiking Club - Bloomington, Indiana hiking club
- Blue Mountain Eagle Climbing Club - An Appalachian Trail maintaining organization in Pennsylvania dedicated to hiking.
- Boksburg Hiking Club Home Page - Contains a lot of information about hiking trails in Southern Africa. Information on more than 700 trails (hiking and 4x4).
- Border Outdoor Adventure Association ( BOAA) South African Hiking Club - BOAA is based in East London, South Africa. Contains hiking information, photos and trail reports.
- Bradford CHA - Bradford, UK hiking club associated with the Countrywide Holidays Association
- British Walking Federation (IVV) - The organisation organises, through its clubs, non-competitive events for people of all ages and abilities.
- BUSHWALKING - Brisbane Bushwalkers Club Inc - Official website of the Brisbane Bushwalkers Club in Queensland, Australia.
- Canberra Bushwalking Club - The Canberra Bushwalking Club organises walks in the Canberra and South East New South Wales region of Australia.
- Capital Hiking Club - Non-profit organization with the public invited to join weekly outings. Calendar of events and contact information provided. Maryland and Virginia hikes available leaving from NW Washington, DC.
- Carolina Berg Wanderers - An outdoor enthusiasts club of the Charlotte area. The club organizes trips for biking, hiking, paddling, camping, backpacking, birdwatching, rafting, fishing, photography, etc. etc.
- Chattanooga Hiking Club - Extensive listing of planned hikes with descriptions, including elevation gains. Trail access description is not always complete.
- Cheaha Trails Association - A long distance backpacking organization which promotes the sport of backpacking and no trace camping and maintains hiking trails. (Jacksonville, Alabama)
- Chester County Trail Club - Southeastern Pennsylvania hiking club established in 1970. Hikes scheduled several days per week year round. CCTC encourages camaraderie and environmental responsibility. Maintains several hiking trails in Chester County.
- Christchurch Tramping Club - Christchurch, New Zealand hiking club.
- Cleveland Out and About - Organizing the best outdoor activities for the gay and lesbian community in Northeast Ohio. Also features a fully functional e-commerce site for all your outdoor equipment needs.
- Club Cualann - Dublin, Ireland based hiking club
- ClubTread - Online hiking community and club for the Pacific Northwest including British Columbia, Alberta, and Washington State. Trail database, discussion forums, event planning, trip reports, and photos.
- Coachella Valley Hiking Club - The CV hiking club is organized to promote hiking in the Palm Springs, Coachella Valley, San Jacinto Mountain, Josuha Tree National Park, and the San Bernardino Mtns. We lead hikes three or four days a week in these areas.
- Continental Divide Trail Alliance - The CDTA is a group of dedicated outdoor enthusiasts, committed to completion of the Trail and to the continued care of this great natural wonder for future generations.
- Dan River Trail Association - Organization dedicated to promoting trail use in the Dan River bioregion.
- Daresbury Laboratory Fellwalking and Climbing Club - Walking club in Darebsury, near Manchester, Chashire, England
- Darwin Bushwalking club - Casuarina, Australia based hiking club
- Desert Trails - Hiking and Biking - Introduction to spectacular hikes and scenery in and around Palm Springs, the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains, and Idyllwild, a quaint alpine village.
- Discovery Center of Ridgefield - Weekends for adults and older kids, weekday rambles for preschoolers. Hikes and outdoor events in and near Ridgefield, CT
- Discovery Routes Trails Organization - Discovery Routes is a volunteer organization creating a four-season, multi-use recreational trails network across Ontario's Near North. Hike, Bike, Ski, Snowmobile, ATV, Rollerblade, birdwatch, walk, run.
- Florida Trail Association - A non-profit hiking group building the Florida National Scenic Trail (FNST) across the state.
- Foothills Trail Club - The club built and maintains the Conservation Trail in Western New York. We offer a variety of hikes year-round.
- Footprint Hiking Club, South Africa - Hiking and backpacking club in South Africa. Plenty of photos and useful African links
- Friend's Camping, Hiking & Outdoor Club - Includes a schedule of upcoming hikes and contact information. (Tempe, Arizona)
- Friends of Forest Park - Friends of Forest Park is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing and protecting Portland's Forest Park, the largest forested city park in the US.
- Friends Of Mantario Trail - A committee of the Manitoba Naturalists Society devoted to the preservation of the trail located in Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba, Canada.
- Gateshead Civic Walking Club - We provide organised fellwalks in the mountains of northern England, such as the Lake District, Howgills, North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Dales, the Cheviot Hills and the Pennines.
- Gay and Lesbian Sierrans (GLS) section of the Angeles Chapter. - GLS is an official activity section of the Sierra Club and fosters the purposes of the Sierra Club by making available a wide range of events for gays, lesbians and their friends and family.
- Glasshouse Bushwalking Club - Caboolture, Queensland, Australia based hiking club
- Grand Traverse Hiking Club - Traverse City, Michigan hiking club, a chapter of the North Country Trail Association
- Great Smoky Mtns 900 Miler Club - Members of the Great Smoky Mountains 900 Miler Club have hiked all of the maintained trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Hiking tips from veteran hikers.
- Hertfordshire Mountaineering Club - The club is an active & friendly club based at the Sun Inn, Lemsford, Hertfordshire, UK, meeting Tuesday nights at 9.30pm.
- High Park Hiking Club - Day hikes in the greater Toronto area
- Highpointer Club - Hike the highest points in all 50 states.
- Hiyu Coulee hiking club - Seattle University hiking club
- Huachuca Hiking Club - HHC is an organization composed of people in southeastern Arizona interested in exploring and conserving our natural wilderness heritage through hiking, camping, and volunteer trail maintenance.
- International Appalachian Trail - English language site for information on the Sentier International des Appalaches/International Appalachian Trail, a trail that runs from Mt. Katahdin in Maine to Cap Gaspe in Quebec. Also, information on the Eastern Continental Trail and the Appalachian Mountains Trail. Hikers and pictures, updated often!
- Interstate Hiking Club - A southern New York-northern New Jersey regional hiking club offering weekly hikes, mostly on Sundays. Most outings are within this region, but we occasionally visit the Delaware Water Gap and the Catskills.
- Kansas City Outdoor Club - Organization is involved in backpacking, hiking, and trail work. Site offers schedule and pictures. (Kansas City, Kansas)
- KC Trailblazers Hiking Club, West Virginia - WV based hiking club. We also hike in the surrounding states of VA, OH, PA, MD and KY. We believe in friendship, teamwork, fitness, nature and the power of positive thinking. Our goal is that through these influences each person will gain a stronger sense of self. May you find wisdom, courage, vision and perserverance in the force of the unequivocal virtues of nature. A trail to destiny...
- Kekekabic Trail Club - KTC is dedicated to preserving and maintaining backpacking trails of the Superior National Forest and Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
- Lambda Hiking Club of Salt Lake City - Gay/Lesbian Hiking Club of Salt Lake City. Outdoors activities for everyone! We meet on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month plus plan overnight car camping and backpacking trips.
- Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation - The Foundation's mission is to honor the remarkable historic legacy of Lewis and Clark through research, education, preservation, promotion, and coordination. Explore the 3,700 mile Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail from Wood River, Illinois, to Fort Clatsop, Oregon.
- London Backpackers - SE London chapter of Backpackers Club
- Louisiana Hiking Club - A Louisiana hiking resource page including trail descriptions, trip information and books relevant to southern hiking.
- Mary Ingles Trail Blazers - Develop and maintain the Mary Draper Ingles Trail and other trails in that part of West Virginia. Mary Ingles Trail Blazers Chapter of the West Virginia Scenic Trails Association.
- Mid-Appalachian Highlands Club - East Tennessee's premier open membership Hiking club.
- Mount Baker Hiking Club - Bellingham, Washington hiking club
- Mountain club Ljubljana Matica Slovenia - We offer summer and winter mountaineering (guided tours) and mountaineering courses. Visit our huts and beautiful places in Julian Alps in the heart of Slovenia (Europe).
- Munich Wanderers - English-speaking hiking club, meeting for hikes in the Alps every second week or so. Most hikes, and climbs are 8-10 hours.
- Nantahala Hiking Club - The club is one of the member-maintaining clubs of the Appalachian Trail Conference. The club has the responsibility of the Appalachian Trail in Western North Carolina from the Georgia state line at Bly Gap approximately 60 miles northward to the Nantahala River at Wesser NC.
- National Trail in Quebec - This site presents the Quebec Hiking Federation and the Sentier national Project for backpackers and hikings. Many other features concern the services offered by the Federation.
- New Mexico Mountain Club - The club sponsors exciting outdoor adventures throughout the year for members and guests. We do hiking, technical rock climbing, backpacking, camping, snowshoeing, skiing, and cycling. Our activities vary from easy to strenuous; we have something for every taste and skill level.
- New Mexico Volunteers for the Outdoors - The NMVFO is a non-profit, non-political, all volunteer group that organizes groups of volunteers to build and maintain trails and other recreational sites around New Mexico. Thirty or more work projects are scheduled each year.
- New York - New Jersey Trail Conference - The Trail Conference is a federation of 85+ hiking and environmental organizations and 10,000 individuals dedicated to building and maintaining marked hiking trails and protecting the related openspace in the bi-state region.
- New York Hiking Club - New York City based hiking club. Member of the New York - New Jersey Trail Conference.
- Newfoundland T'Railway Council - The Newfoundland T'Railway Council is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the development of a recreational trail from St. John's to Port aux Basques using the former Canadian National railway line. Its mandate is to promote multi-use trail development and to preserve abandoned railway lines for future use such as hiking, biking, equestrian, snowmobile, and cross-country ski trails. The TRailway is the Newfoundland portion of the TransCanada Trail.
- North Country Trail Association - The NCTA is an organization which helps build, promote, and protect this national scenic trail.
- North Florida Trailblazers promote and develop the Florida Trail. - A chapter of the Florida Trail Association, we inform visitors of activities for outdoor fun and recreation. Our volunteers develop and promote the Florida Trail and Florida National Scenic Trail.
- North Kingston Hillwalking Club - North Kingston, UK hiking club affilliated with the British Mountaineering Council
- North Shore Hikers - Non profit group based in Vancouver, BC involved in arranging hikes, backpacks, back country skiiing and kayaking.
- North Shore Tramping Club - Auckland, New Zealand based hiking club
- Northern Ohio Hiking Club - Thrill seekers - Hike the Ohio Cleveland Metro Parks and surrounding areas. Hiking club being started. Hiking in the southeast area, come join the fun and explore the great outdoors.
- Northern Virginia Hiking Club - Hiking in northern Virginia.
- Northumbria Backpackers - Northumbrian members of the Backpackers Club
- Norwest Sgurramblers - A large number but not all of our meets take place in the northwest of Scotland where the terrain is rugged and the ascents challenging.
- One Step at a Time - OSAT is a clean and sober outdoor and mountaineering club. Our mission is "to provide a clean and sober environment for members and friends of 12-step recovery groups in the spirit of conservation, preservation, and ecology." Lynnwood, Washington
- Otago Tramping And Mountaineering Club - OTMC is based in Dunedin, New Zealand
- Ottawa Rambling Club - Provides organized recreational hiking events weekly in the Ottawa Valley and Gatineau. Winter program includes snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Out-of-town trips, special events and social activities.
- Outdoor Club of Victoria - Adult hiking on Vancouver Island; hikes are scheduled for all levels every weekend; campouts are scheduled for long weekends and in the summer.
- Pacific Crest Trail Association - Provides information about the the PCT, and the John Muir Trail, for the hiker, and equestrian.
- Pangrango - Hiking Club - Bi-lingual (English and Bahasa Indonesia) Hiking Club in Indonesia
- Pecos Hikers - Hiking group in Hawaii, includes hike photo gallery and links to Oahu hiking and outdoors groups.
- Peninsula Tramping Club - Christchurch, New Zealand hiking club
- Peter Wolfe Chapter, North Country Trail Association - Hiking club for the North Country National Scenic Trail in the western part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Piedmont Hiking and Outing Club - Greensboro, North Carolina based hiking club
- Pioneer Valley Hiking Club - Western Massachusetts based hiking club
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club - A volunteer trails organization which helps to maintain and improve trails, shelters, and cabins in Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC. Activity sections include ski tours and mountaineering.
- Putney and Devon Fellwalking Club - The site contains maps (for recent trips), photos and narrative relating to the club's hiking trips since 1985, and details of proposed future trips.
- Queensland Bushwalkers Club - The Queensland Bushwalkers Club promotes bushwalking in a friendly atmosphere while fostering appreciation and conservation of the Australian wilderness.
- Rainforest Exploration Association - Domestic and international wilderness exploration by hiking, backpacking, camping, volunteer programs, and social events for members.
- Randolph Mountain Club - A volunteer-based club which maintains a network of trails on the northern slopes of the Presidential Range in White Mountain National Forest, and on the Crescent Range in Randolph, New Hampshire.
- Red River Gorge Trail Crew - Volunteer group that gets together once each month to walk the trails, trim brush, remove fallen trees, build bridges, create new trails. Located in Kentucky.
- Ridge Meadows Outdoor Club - The club hikes, backbacks, canoes, kayaks, bikes, snow shoes and X-country skis in the Lower Mainland / Fraser Valley Area of southwestern British Columbia, Canada.
- Rip Van Winkle Hikers - Sponsors hikes in the Catskills, Berkshires, Taconics, and Hudson Valley of New York. In the Winter, schedule cross country skiing and snowshoeing outings.
- Rivers and Trails Conservation Assistance-NPS - Project descriptions and wealth of information available to communities interested in creating and enhancing community greenways, recreational trails, and waterways. Through the RTCA program the National Park Service helps communities create local outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Rock and Heather Club - The club is a small but enthusiastic informal club devoted to outdoor pursuits such as hillwalking, rock climbing and skiing, whose 40 or so members live mostly in the area around Nottingham, UK.
- Roman Alpine Club - Tokyo, Japan based hiking club
- RTC - Hiker club in the Netherlands. Find membership information, many photos, and general hiking tips for Europe.
- Santa Cruz Mountains Trail Association - Hiking and trail maintenance in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Shanganagh Ramblers Hillwalking Club - Shankill in south county Dublin, Ireland based hiking club
- Sipsey Wilderness Hiking Club - Supports the sport of hiking and protect, promote and enjoy the Sipsey Wilderness Area of the Bankhead National Forest in Alabama.
- Skyline Hikers of the Canadian Rockies - Hiking in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, in Alberta, Canada. We offer 5 6-day wilderness camps each summer at different locations out of a main base camp.
- Sligo Mountaineering Club - Sligo and north Leitrim, Ireland based hiking club
- South Gwent Ramblers - The Ramblers are a local area group of the Ramblers Association, from Newport in South Wales. We organise guided walks in Gwent and the surrounding area. Come and walk with us.
- Stanford Outing Club - Includes information about their past and future trips, photos, and driving directions to selected trailheads. (Palo Alto, California)
- Stick and Boots Hiking Club - Hiking club based in Phoenix, Arizona. They charge no dues and meetings are on the trail. Find a schedule, and description of upcoming hikes.
- Stride Walking Club - Berkshire UK walking club aimed at the 25 to 45 year old age range.
- Swansea Univerity Hiking Club - University of Wales, Swansea Hiking Club. We regulaly walk in the Brecon Beacons and go further afield to Snowdon, Dartmoor etc
- Sydney Bush Walkers - Sydney Australia based Bushwalking Club
- TAKAHIK River Valley Hikers - Dedicated to the promotion, preservation and enjoyment of hiking trails in Arkansas.
- Tasmania University Bushwalking Club - Tasmania, Australia hiking club
- Tennessee Trails Association - The association promotes hiking as a means of enjoying the natural beauty of Tennessee. TTA was organized in 1968 and has been very involved over the years in efforts to preserve wilderness areas across the state. TTA is made up of 11 local chapters across the state.
- Tewkesbury Walking Club - The official website, including details of the walks they offer and other benefits of membership.
- The Elk Neck Trails Association - This assaociation is developing and maintaining a trail that will eventually connect the Turkey Point Lighthouse with the City of North East, Maryland.
- The Green Mountain Club - Club helps to maintain the Long Trail. Includes information about the Long Trail, suggested hikes, how to hike in the winter, organizational information, a schedule, and an online store. (Vermont)
- The Hong Kong Trampers - The Trampers are a group of friends who enjoy exploring Hong Kong's countryside on Sundays. Site includes information on local hikes.
- The Ice Age Park and Trail Foundation - The Official site of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail located in Wisconsin.
- The Kansas Trails Council - The Council is a non profit organization dedicated to maintaining, developing, and promoting all trails in Kansas including hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, and canoeing.
- The Mountaineers Hiking Page - An outdoor club, based in Seattle, WA, provides information on safety, equipment, choosing a hike, and leading hikes.
- The RAC Walking Club - The site documents and promotes the activities of the RAC Walking Club. It includes details of current members, a diary of activities, plus photographic images of recent walks.
- The Rag Tag Rangers Home Page - About a group of cyberhikers that met during the 1995 AOL/ATC/Backpacker AT Tag Team Relay Hike, their adventures since that time and future events.
- Toronto Bruce Trail Club - The mission of the TBTC is to maintain the Toronto Section of The Bruce Trail, support the BTA in meeting its mission, and provide hiking and social activity programs for its members.
- TRACKS, White Mountain Trail System Hiking Club - Arizona's White Mountains Trails. TRACKS goals: development, maintenance, preservation, use of AZ White Mountains non-motorized trails to increase enjoyment of the White Mountain Trail System.
- Trailpartners - Trailpartners is a coalition of residents who support the development of recreational trails and linear parks in Brevard County.
- Trails BC: The Trails Society of British Columbia, Canada. - The sponsoring organization for the Trans Canada Trail in British Columbia, Canada. Source of information on non-motorized recreational trails.
- Trails4All - An Orange County, California, non-profit corporation, established to assist with volunteer trail projects and to raise funds to support volunteer trail groups.
- Treadsoftly - A not-for-profit project promoting the protection of fragile landscapes.
- Trekkers Mountaineering Club - Hiking club affiliated with the Mountaineering Council of Ireland.
- University College Cork Mountaineering Club - Cork, Ireland based hiking club
- Volkssport and Walking Index - American Volkssport Association walking clubs and non-competitive 10K walking events. Complete calendar and club listings.
- Volunteers for Outdoor Washington - Volunteers for Outdoor Washington (VOW) is a non-profit organization recruits, organizes, trains volunteers in trail construction and maintenance and restore natural habitat while preserving heritage features in Washington State
- Walking Club of Gateshead Civic - Organised walks and fellwalks in the mountains of the Lake District, Howgills, North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Dales, Cheviot hills and Pennines.
- Wanderbirds Hiking Club - Founded in 1934, the Wanderbirds Hiking Club is a non-profit, all volunteer club that organizes day hikes every Sunday, year round, for energetic folks in the Washington, DC area.
- Wandering Soles Hiking Club - Membership restricted to adults ages 25-40. Includes membership information and activity schedule. (Tempe, Arizona)
- Washington Trails Association - All you want to know about hiking in Washington State. Events calendar, trail reviews, hiking guide, recipes from "Backcountry Kitchen,", guides to flora and fauna of the Pacific Northwest, and a monthly e-zine devoted to backcountry news.
- West Auckland District Tramping Club - Auckland, New Zealand based hiking club
- Whyak Outdoor Club - Group based in Vancouver, British Columbia is involved primarily with single day trips. Includes photos, schedule, and organizational information.
- Wilderness Opportunities - Provides adventure based programs to promote self-discovery, enhance self-esteem and improve communication skills. Programs are designed for youths struggling in their homes, schools or communities.
- Wilderness Trekkers - "Wilderness Companions are Chosen Company": Wilderness Trekkers is a non-profit corporation promoting responsible use of the outdoors through educational and recreational hiking, camping, backpacking, and canoeing activities and programs for its members and the general public.
- Wilderness Volunteers - The volunteers are a nonprofit organization created to promote service trips in cooperation with public land agencies including the National Park Service, the National Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management and the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Yarrawood Bushwalking Club - A Sydney bushwalking club with 150 members. Each year we put on a program of about 40 walks, plus other activities such as canoe trips, caving expeditions, cycling trips and cross-country skiing weekends.
- York Hiking Club of Central PA - The club maintains and hikes the hiking trails in central Pennsylvania. Will help by Email when can. Have maps and photos. An ATC maintaining club.