- Adriafil - Italian yarn manufacturer offers information on its yarns, basic knitting instructions, and a magazine to download.
- Carlin's Knitting - Links to several categories of projects and free patterns. Also has useful reference charts, hints and tips for patterns, links to knitters' home pages, stores, guilds and vendors.
- ChicKnits - Features a knitted garments gallery, free patterns, links, resources, on-line knitting tips and stories about knitting.
- Diane's Home Away from Home - Yarn guide and gauges. Free patterns.
- Elizabeth's Hand-Knitting - Features instructions for a large selection of Aran patterns, projects, and book reviews.
- Graph Paper Printer for Windows - Download site for graph paper printing utility.
- Hanne's - Lace knitting web resources, free patterns; needlework, crochet and breastfeeding advocacy.
- History of Knitting - Overview of the origins of knitting from prehistoric times onward.
- Knit Reviews - Database of user submitted reviews of knitting books, magazines, patterns, and videos.
- Knitaddicted - Community for fiber lovers offers free patterns, chat rooms, discussion forums, and tips for knitters.
- KnitJapan - Information about Japanese knitting. Offers online exhibit space with free registration.
- Knitlist Gift Exchange - Free patterns compiled by the members of the Knit List. Many are accompanied by photos of the project. Also has links to other informative sites.
- Knitted Lace List - A home page for an email list. Includes free hand knitting patterns, FAQs, and rules for joining the list. Member's home pages are listed.
- Knitter's Loft - Includes free knitting club, tips and techniques, patterns, and knitting forum.
- Knitting - About.com - Almost an e-zine, About.com's site on knitting has patterns, links, articles, and glossaries. Updated weekly.
- Knitting and Crochet by Prudence - Gallery features wearable art garments produced using freeform knitting and crochet.
- Knitting at BellaOnline - Knitting site devoted to hand and machine knitting. Free patterns, articles, hints and tips, links to other sites, discussion forum and chatroom.
- Knitting on the Net - Organized links related to knitting including software, stitches, and yarns.
- Knitting the Net, Spinning the Web - Knitting and spinning commentary, opinion, interviews, and information, along with links to knitting and spinning sites.
- Shetland Wool - Information on the production of shetland wool.
- Socknitters Home Page - A mailing list for anyone interested in knitting socks by hand. Plus tips and help for knit socks
- String and Air - Information on knitted lace, toys and doll clothes, and apparel. Also includes free patterns and tips.
- The Knitting Pages - Knitting book and pattern reviews, errata and corrections for knitting patterns, gallery, hand and machine knitting links and yarn auctions.
- Wendy Johnson's Knitting - Photos and comments of completed projects. Alice Starmore, Dale of Norway, Jade Starmore, Aran, and Lace designs featured.
- wiseNeedle - Specifications and reviews of knitting yarns, graphed designs and patterns. Also includes a glossary, links, references, pattern exchange and utilities.
- Wool Works - A collection of knitting information. Included are listings of more than 2000 knitting suppliers worldwide, free patterns and reference material.