Home / Reference / Parliamentary Procedure
- A Manual of Parliamentary Practice - A complete reprint of the 1812 manual by Thomas Jefferson that was used by the United States Senate. Includes the rules of motions and how they are used.
- American Institute of Parliamentarians (AIP) - The mission of the American Institute of Parliamentarians is to foster, promote and teach the highest standards of parliamentary procedure, in keeping with the principles of parliamentary law and the adopted parliamentary authority.
- Arizona State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - Includes information relating to the annual meeting, Arizona state officers, and hot links. Pages for the Central, Southern, and Northern Units are also available.
- Bare Bones Parliamentary Procedure - A table summarizing the parliamentary procedure rules governing eight common motions from Sturgis.
- Baton Rouge Unit of Parliamentarians (NAP) - Lists the dates and times of meetings for this unit of the Louisiana State Association of Parliamentarians, and who to contact to join.
- California State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - A division of the National Association of Parliamentarians that features officers, unit goals, events, convention information, feedback, links, and much more.
- California State PTA Hot Tips-Bylaws - Features guidelines from the California bylaws committee. California State PTA publications are also listed.
- Cranford Unit of Parliamentarians (NAP) - This New Jersey Unit of the National Association of Parliamentarians lists meeting places, dates, and times. In addition, a "News" page includes items such as a free education course on Basic Parliamentary Practice.
- General Parliamentary Procedure - The use of parliamentary procedure in the U.S. House of Representatives: Principles of adding amendments, a germaneness test, committee rules, points of order, and a pocket guide on floor procedures.
- Golden Bears Chapter(AIP) - This non-profit voluntary chapter of the American Institute of Parliamentarians in California is dedicated to an improved knowledge of parliamentary procedure.
- Golden Gavel Unit (NAP) - This National Association of Parliamentarians unit is located in Virginia Beach, VA. The site includes a Speaker's Bureau, FAQs about parliamentary procedure and hiring parliamentarians, and Hot Links to other parliamentary sites.
- Green Country Unit (NAP) - This Tulsa, Oklahoma unit lists their officers, bylaws, and unit affiliates. Other topics include news, events, membership, FAQs, and the 1915 edition of Robert's Rules of Order Revised.
- Guide To Parliamentary Procedure - Describes how the Associate Student Government (their Student Senate) at Northwestern University uses parliamentary procedure. Topics include: Definitions, parliamentary situations and concepts, motions (classes, descriptions and purposes), and the order of precedence.
- Hudgins Parliamentary Services - Dick Hudgins is an experienced student of parliamentary procedure. His services include advising officers and members of organizations regarding by-law writing and revisions, agenda preparation and procedure in the handling of motions, as well as teaching civic groups and organizations.
- Introduction to Robert's Rules of Order - Parliamentary procedure is defined and its importance is explained. An example of an order of business, the types of motions and how they are presented and voted on are covered.
- J. Fred's Parliamentary Procedure - Provides a guided set of lessons on parliamentary procedure. The lessons are arranged to meet the needs of participants in deliberative assemblies. It also provides source references.
- Knoxville Parliamentary Unit (NAP) - This Tennessee unit of the National Association Of Parliamentarians features articles on community and professional services. Also has membership information related to meetings, benefits, and categories. Details on the 13 ranking motions, steps in handling motions and amendments are also included.
- National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - The National Association of Parliamentarians is dedicated to teaching, promoting, and disseminating the philosophy and principles underlying the rules of deliberative assemblies.
- Nebraska Association of School Boards - Includes details on making Main Motions, Amendments, and the motion to Reconsider.
- Ohio Association of Parliamentarians - Features meeting days and times, and contact information.
- Oklahoma State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - OSAP promotes the study of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, parliamentary procedure, and the educational programs of the National Association of Parliamentarians on a local level.
- Parliament Glossary - A glossary of parliamentary terms and phrases from Australia.
- Parliamentary Associates - Offers advice specifically on parliamentary procedure including unproductive meetings and materials available, with a parliamentary tip.
- Parliamentary Procedure - Advice from Dr. John A. Cagle, California State University, Fresno.
- Parliamentary Procedure at a Glance - Includes a chart of motions with their rules, how to run an effective meeting, and keeping minutes.
- Parliamentary Procedure E-Bulletin - Announcements related to current parliamentary procedure information, sites worth visiting, questions and answers, and tips on training FFA, FBLA, SkillsUSA-VICA, BPA, TSA, FCCLA, and HOSA teams for competition.
- Parliamentary Procedure Glossary, Third Edition - A detailed glossary of parliamentary procedure terms and phrases used by the Canada House of Commons. Listed in both English or French.
- Parliamentary Procedure Guards Members' Rights - Advantages of using parliamentary procedure and some popular myths, misconceptions, and mistakes. Includes an outline of a standard order of business and how motions are made and processed.
- Parliamentary Procedure Home Page - This site is hosted by Professional Registered Parliamentarian, Stran L. Trout. It includes parliamentary procedure links, a list of printings of Robert's Rules of Order, Trout's Top Ten Rules of Order, and details on how to fly the American Flag.
- Parliamentary Procedure Instructional Materials From the University of Illinois - Parliamentary procedure resources from the ITCS Instructional Materials at the University of Illinois. Tested in the classroom for teaching a complete unit, enrichment, independent study, and training a team for competition.
- Parliamentary Procedure Made Painless - A Professional Registered Parliamentarian describes how to address the chair and offers lessons and scripts on how to make motions with follow-up tests and worksheets.
- Parliamentary Procedure Materials From Ohio State University - Parliamentary procedure materials from the Ohio State University Curriculum Materials Service specifically designed for FFA secondary school students.
- Parliamentary Procedure Online - Robert's Rules - Promoting the study and teaching of parliamentary procedure and Robert's Rules of Order, including resources for the parliamentarian, president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer.
- Parliamentary Procedure Q & A from NOW - Questions are answered by The National Organization For Women on motions related to a point of information, personal privilege, point of order, a parliamentary inquiry, and debate decorum.
- Parliamentary Procedure-Tulane University ASB - The Associated Student Body (ASB) at Tulane University provides information on: Parliamentary situations and concepts; classes, descriptions, and purposes of motions; and the order or precedence of motions.
- Pennsylvania PTA - Includes details on why parliamentary procedure should be used, defines several basic terms, and lists resources.
- Robert McConnell Productions - Offers videos, books, and procedure advice from a registered parliamentarian at the Dear Parliamentarian column.
- Robert's Rules of Order Revised - The 1915 (Fourth) Edition with slight modifications and enhancements, by the Constitution Society.
- Ronald J. Baser (MEd) - A member of NAP and AIP who offers seminars and workshops in meeting management. Former marketing and sales director with managerial experience in business and civic organizations.
- Rules Used By the United States Congress - The parliamentary procedure rules used by the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate are listed.
- SkillsUSA-VICA Parliamentary Procedure Educational Materials - Descriptions of parliamentary procedure educational materials available for secondary and college students for teaching a unit and for preparing for the Chapter Business Procedure Competitive Event.
- Survival Tips on Roberts Rules of Order - Roberts Rules of Order are indispensable to surviving as an officer or a member in an organization. I simplify the needed survival tools to defend your ideas.
- Texas NAACP: Parliamentary Procedure - Overview of parliamentary procedure. Principles, a description of a deliberative assembly, a sample agenda, the procedure for handling a main motion, and the rules for the 13 ranking motions are listed.
- Texas State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - This site includes the objectives of the state association and the annual convention date. The Crossroads Unit (Argyle, TX) is featured and lists study meeting dates, and a tip of the month.
- The Official Robert's Rules of Order Web Site - This site includes a short history of Robert's Rules, how an organization can adopt it, the basics of parliamentary procedure, a question and answer forum, and an "Ask the Authors" feature.
- The Parliamentary Procedure Instructional Materials Center - Catalog of parliamentary procedure references and quality teaching resources, workshops, glossary, links, frequently asked questions, how to write minutes, mnemonics, and consulting and materials.
- Tips On Parliamentary Procedure - A Certified Parliamentarian describes how to handle a motion at a convention and the purposes of subsidiary and privileged motions.
- Washington State Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - Charter units from Washington State and their presidents are listed. In addition, new events, parliamentary procedure links, and the history of the association are provided.