Home / Sports / Walking
- Shopping/ Sports/ Walking@ (5)
- Society/ Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual/ Sports/ Walking@ (3)
- 1 Stop Outdoors: Walking Zone - Outdoor pursuits in UK. News, reviews, accommodation, equipment and local attractions.
- 10K Walk the Texas Motor Speedway - Information on 10K Walk at Texas Motor Speedway. Walk is open to the public.
- 4 Peaks Challenge - Team R U Taking the Peaks? Provides team, event and peak information on this 24 hr event.
- 7th Annual - Yearly IVV-IML walking festival in April in Vancouver, Washington. Features walking marathons, half-marathons, 10 KM and 5 KM walks.
- About Walking - Guide to walking for fitness, recreation, and competitive racewalking. Provides articles, a link library, chat, bulletin board, and newsletter.
- ActiveKarma: Walking, Jogging, and Running - Comprehensive information and articles, profiles, nutrition, experts' answers, facilities and coaches, teams and clubs, forum, and chat.
- Avon 3-Day Walkie Talkies - Atlanta based walking team training for the 60 mile Avon 3 day walk to raise funds for breast cancer causes. Directions, training schedule, links, team roster, news, events, and message board.
- Bibbulmun Track Walking Trail - Walking and enjoying a 964 kilometer long walking track in Western Australia. Photos and descriptions of camp sites.
- Challenge Publications - Brian Smailes is the author of numerous books that describe different walks around the UK. Summaries of each of his books are listed here.
- Chasetrek - Annual Youth Challenge - Open to teams of 3, the event is staged on Cannock Chase, England over about 26 miles and two days. At various points on the route the teams will be tested by an incident. The site also contains a map and compass tutorial.
- Colorado River Walkers - Walking club that holds walks in and around scenic Austin, Texas. Member of the American Volkssport Association & Texas Volkssport Association. Official homepage with Links and club information.
- Connemara Walking Trail - A unique opportunity to walk on the beautiful aereas of Connemara. Presents a weekly program and prices.
- CTB Walking Club - Chisholm Trail Blazers, Waco, Texas. Presents volkssport events, pictures, information, and links.
- Danata's Walking Club Ideas - Will help you learn how to tone the body while walking.
- eGroups: Walklist - Dedicated to walking for fitness, sport, and fun. Walking clubs and events are featured. The members share their experience of walking.
- Finishing The Race Inc. - Walking and running for fitness and for charity. Build stronger bodies and stronger communities at the same time. Tips for successful events.
- First Verified Walk Around the World - True story about the first time a human being circled the land mass of the earth on foot.
- Hoga's Field - Personal page of a Japanese walker. Biography, results, links.
- Houston Happy Hikers - Information on club sponsored Volkswalking events in and around the Houston, TX area. Volkswalking news, events, photos, and links.
- International two-days walk of Flanders - Blankenberge international two-days walk of Flanders. Practical information, lodging, and links.
- International Volkssport Federation - IVV volkssport walking clubs and events worldwide.
- JustWalk.com - An online diary which allows to enter data from walking and running workouts.
- Kansas City American Heart Walk - The GKCAHW has the mission to reduce death and disability from cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Offers news, event information, a walker guide, and online registration.
- LCFS Walking Club - Dedicated to the members that make it fun and supportive. Walking promotes good health but also a sense of togetherness and competitiveness. Member profiles, Before and After pictures, walking log.
- Let's Strollercise - Strollercising is a way for moms and dads to get into shape. Information, tips, medical corner, food, users' questions. Offers stroller blankets and wheelchair blankets.
- Long Distance Trails in the UK - Personal walks including the Pennine Way, West Highland Way and the Glyndwyrs Way.
- Marathon 101 - A journal documenting a training journey for competing in the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska with Team In Training.
- Metro Toronto Fitness Club Powerwalking - Training tips and event listing for competitive fitness walkers. Also club information and links.
- MtN Sports - Mountain sports guide, including hillwalking and trekking. Feature articles, news, gear guides and the UK Mountain Sports discussion forums.
- National Health Study of Nutrition - Provides a free, online analysis of user's diet, physical activities, and lifestyle choices.
- Nelson Aspen's Brains and Brawn Workout - Entertainment Reporter/fitness expert Nelson Aspen's hot new workout routine.
- North Shore Fitness Walkers - A club of Long Island walkers who meet at Sunken Meadow Beach Boardwalk to inspire, motivate and provide each other company during morning walks. No fees or obligations.
- Ottawa Rambling Club - Over 40 years hiking tradition in Ottawa Valley, Canada, Club offers year round outdoor activities. Information on activities and the Club.
- Plantar Fasciitis is a Common Cause of Heel Pain - Plantar fasciitis is caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia, a thin layer of tough tissue supporting the arch of the foot. An article from Medical College Phycisians of Wisconsin.
- Prevention.com - Offers a walking program with resources including a walking guide, interactive calculator, ask an expert columns, and community forums.
- RacewalkingNYC - Walking in New York City. Information, link, races.
- Randolph Roadrunners - Walking club and part of the American Volksport Association, located in Universal City, TX. It is a non-profit, volunteer organization for walkers. Schedule of events, officers, membership application.
- Scottish Borders - For walking holidays and short breaks in Scotland?s border country. Information on accommodation, attractions, outdoor and indoor activities.
- Skopelos Island Walks and Hikes - Guided walking tours of Skopelos are organised and run by Heather. She also produces an island map and the Sotos Walking Guide.
- Southern Maine Volkssport Association - Provides information on year-round walks and one-day events for Maine and New England. Member of AVA and IVV.
- The Dingle Way Companion - South-West Ireland, long distance walking guide with maps, social, historical, archaeological, folklore and other essential information. Includes contact and sales information.
- The Emerald City Wanderers - Non-profit organization for promoting Volkssport in Seattle. Features news, meetings, and schedule of events.
- The Great Walk - The Tahsis Lions Annual Great Walk; 63.5 kilometres (40 miles) of gravel logging road between Gold River and Tahsis on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. History, comments, rankings, videos, links.
- The Pitfalls of High Heels - An Alexander Technique teacher explains the potential harm from wearing high heels.
- The Spirit of Walking - Directs viewers to events sponsored by the American Volkssport Association. Links include a tutorial, FAQ, definitions, walking clubs, youth programs, articles and membership information.
- The Walk Zone - Contains a collection of walks from various locations in the United Kingdom, plus some from travels to mountainous regions overseas. Includes description, photos and some maps.
- The Walking Site - A Resource for Walkers - How to start and maintain a fitness walking program, and where to find walking information. FAQ, clubs, links. Tips for beginners, racewalking, events, marathons, and walking gear.
- Three Peaks Mountain Charity Challenge Plus - An insight into Extreme Mountain Hiking in the UK taking in the Cairngorms and the highest peaks in the UK. Updated fortnightly.
- Total Fitness Network - Therese Iknoian walking expert and coach offers personal coaching, training tips, a product buying guide and expert advice on walking techniuqes.
- Travels in the Auvergne with a 12 Year Old - The diary of a walking holiday in the Auvergne. Written by a father it describes how it feels to walk with his 12 year old son through some of the nicest areas of France. Maps, photos, and commentary.
- Walk 'n Roll Mom - A mother-and-daughter team searches for a more healthful lifestyle together. Also includes the WalknRollMom Walking and Biking Club, with a fitness journal, support forum, tips and nutrition ideas.
- Walk in Virginia - The Virginia Volkssport Association is a Member of the American Volkssport Association. A volkssporting event is a non-competitive organized walk, bike, swim, or cross-country ski designed to appeal to everyone of all ages.
- Walk the Walk - A team of women and men that power walk marathons to raise money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and the Bristol Cancer Help Centre. Includes information about events, charities, donations, and links.
- Walk Yourself Well - Sherry Brourman teaches a proven system for balancing the body and eliminating structural pain.
- Walkable Communities Inc. - A non-profit corporation, organized for to help communities become more walkable and pedestrian friendly.
- Walkablock Club of America - A national walking club on the Internet. Allows the user to find a walking partner in their city.
- Walker's Warehouse Fitness - Designed to provide the ability to log walks, chat with walkers, research walking events and travel, and purchase walking products.
- Walking - The Alexander Technique - Ways in which this century-old method can help improve the quality of walking.
- Walking - the Best Exercise - Expounds the virtues of walking, listing the benefits and linking to sites that go deeper into the various benefits.
- Walking 101 - A resource for walkers of all shapes, sizes and styles. Articles on the benefits of walking, walking tips for seniors and kids, links to injury prevention, books on walking, walking music, race walking, and more.
- Walking and Fitness - The PCWalker's page is a source for walking information.
- Walking at Active.com - Walking races, events, and training for race walking and walking for fitness. Walkers can search and register online for events nationwide, as well as browse training tips and workouts.
- Walking Channel.Com - Defines power walking, how to train, walking stories, marathon training, links to other walking topics, magazines and events.
- Walking Connection - Leads multi-active adventures to some of the most exciting destinations in the world.
- Walking Exploits of Sandy Saunders - Description and photographs of walks in English Lake District, in Scotland, and in English Peak District.
- Walking on Skopelos - Guided walking tours of Skopelos, a Greek island in the Northern Sporades are organised and run by Heather. She also produces an island map and the Sotos Walking Guide.
- Walking Vacations - A guide to European walking vacations, including tour dates, prices and detailed iteneraries.
- Walkz.com - Walking information and guided UK walks. Easy rambles to mountain expeditions. Adventurous activities abseils caving climbing. Outdoor training courses.
- Warawick University Mountain Walking Club - Descriptions of a variety of walks in Wales, the Lake District (Britain), and Scotland. Includes photos and maps. You can sign up for walks and review previous trips.
- Western New York Hiking and Walking - Descriptions and photos of about 30 hiking and walking spots in Western New York. Most are in Erie County.
- Wurzel Country - A site about Nigel Vile's walking and cycling books.