Home / Kids and Teens / Directories
- 4Kids - Links to sites for kids organized by topic. Entertainment, activities, reading, science, social studies, and study resources.
- 4th and 5th Grade Student Research Resources - Age-appropriate educational links for fourth and fifth grades in all areas of academics.
- 700+ Great Sites for Kids - Directory of web sites compiled by the Children and Technology Committee of the American Library Association.
- A Busy Parent - Links to various fun, educational and entertaining family Internet sites.
- ACafe.net - Reference material for high school students including literature analysis, college information, language translation and discussion forum.
- Alice's Virtual Restaurant - A Little Food for Thought - Provides links to substantive and sometimes unusual sites covering a broad range of topics.
- AnimalSearch - Search for family-safe, animal-related web sites on AnimalSearch.
- Apple Learning Interchange - Sites searchable by elementary, middle school, and high school grade levels from Apple, Inc.
- Ask Jeeves for Kids - Allows users to ask a question in plain English, confirms the question, then takes them to one web site that answers the question.
- Awesome Library - Organizes 16,000 education resources, including the top 5 percent for teachers, students, parents, and librarians. Includes a search engine.
- Backwash Kids - Find safe online content intended for kids and make friends through Backwash's personality portal.
- BellyGunk.com - Kid-friendly sites that provide activities, and games for children under the age of 10.
- Berit's Best - A web directory for kids with additional tools for web searching.
- Big Chalk - Allows students to search for sites according to age range or browse by grade level.
- BJ Pinchbeck's Help with Homework - More than 625 links to educational sites appropriate for homework help.
- Bob's Place - Categorized sites for kindergarten students through high schoolers, as well as teachers. Includes English and French content.
- Center of Web's Kids Lynx - Kids links portal that is organized by subject.
- CompuServe Kids Web Center - Categories include entertainment, fun and games, school subjects, sports, and hot topics like Harry Potter, Barbie and Pokemon.
- Critterplaces - International listings of places that offer many kinds of interaction with animals. Including pony rides, petting zoos, carriage rides and cross-country tours.
- Cyber Patrol's CyberGuide - Search engine just for kids includes only sites evaluated by Cyber Patrol's team of professional reserchers.
- Cyberhaunts for Kids - Collection of kid-friendly links arranged according to subject area.
- CyberSleuth Kids - A comprehensive educational search engine, directory and homework helper for the K-12 student. A virtual library and reference tool providing easy access to thousands of safe subject-specific sites.
- Database of Award-Winning Children's Literature - Create a tailored list of quality children's books based on criteria such as ethnicity, gender, period, and location. Also features a view list of children's literature awards and their winners.
- DiscoverySchool - Offers educational resources for students and teachers. Includes educational games, a directory of homework help sites, lesson plans, and a free clipart gallery.
- Eggboy's Page O'Stuff - Categories of links include weather, holidays, space travel, animation, crafts, animals, games, and school.
- Eggy's World - Seven categories of links to interactive, safety tested, kids' web pages.
- FirstGov for Kids - The U.S. government's portal site that provides a gateway to hundreds of Federal and other websites for use by kids.
- Foreign Government Resources on the Web - Comprehensive listings of foreign government web sites. The directory includes information on constitutions, laws, treaties, background, biographies, human rights, politics, elections, demographics, economy, health and the military. Sites can be browsed by continent or by subject.
- FunBrain.com - Education sites for K-8 teachers and kids. Find online educational games for kids of all ages, including math, grammar, science, spelling, and history.
- Get Kids - Index of sites for kids of all ages, along with a description of each directory from AJKids to Yucky.
- Government Guide - Kid Stuff - Directory of all of the kids pages from U.S. government agencies.
- Great Sites for Great Kids - Links to sites that answer elementary students' questions about astronomy, science, social studies, and reading.
- Great Web Sites For Kids - An easy-to-use, practical guide to informational, educational, and recreational services on the Internet.
- Hey Smarty - Natural language search engine designed just for younger students.
- High School Hub - Academic resources for high school students and teachers.
- HomeworkSpot - Directory of sites covering school subjects from kindergarten to high school.
- Indian Child - Includes links to fun, games, jokes, and topics related to India.
- Ingram Library - A listing of sites by government agencies designed for children.
- Interesting Places for Kids - Hundreds of kids sites grouped by topic. Includes short description of each site.
- Internet Kids and Family Yellow Pages - Books and links for kids and parents.
- Internet Search Engines for Kids - Kids can search the major search engines from one page. There are links to web directories designed for kids.
- Ithaki Kids Metasearch - Unique metacrawler searches simultaneously in various kids search engines and directories.
- Kdmoz - Unofficial entry page of the Kids and Teens version of the Open Directory Project.
- Kid Sites - Offers links to kids sites on the net. Also includes categories on family stuff.
- Kid's Online Resources - Online directory of resource links to education, homework help, entertainment, games, music,internet safety.
- Kid's Page - Homework help, kid-friendly sites, games and quizzes from the National Library of Canada.
- Kid's Tools for Searching the Internet - A page of search input boxes from web search engines that have compiled and/or screened sites for content appropriate to children.
- KidAlley.com - Offers links to homework help, online games, magic tricks, music, stories, screensavers, and parents and teacher resources.
- KidGrid - Directory of kid-safe sites. Available in five languages.
- KidLinx - Portal recommending various children's links.
- Kids 321 - Safe portal links to favourite video games, cartoons, TV shows, movies, music and toys.
- Kids Channel - A place for children of all ages to play and explore the internet.
- Kids Domain - Information and resources for parents and children.
- Kids Korner Webcast - A directory of links to web sites for kids.
- Kids Like It - Interactive portal created by children for children.
- Kids Search Engines - A list of search engines designed for kids or families, along with links to articles about these type of search engines.
- Kids Web - World wide web digital library for schoolkids.
- Kids WebGuide - An easy to remember webguide for the best kid websites on the net today.
- Kids World 2000 - Links to entertaining and educational web pages around the world, spectacular museums, zoos, sports, science, games, and travel.
- Kids' Exchange - Share your thoughts on recent trends and fads, get answers to homework questions.
- Kids-Korner.com - Kid-friendly search engine with other community features for kids.
- Kids2web - Directory of fun and educational sites for kids.
- KidsClick! - Annotated searchable directory of websites created for kids by librarians. Searchable by subject, reading level and degree of picture content.
- KidsHub.org - A non-commercial portal to free online learning activities and educational games for middle school students.
- KidSites.com - A guide to the best in web sites for kids.
- KidsKonnect - Includes links to fun games and educational articles on many different topics. Categories are alphabetized for easy selection.
- Kidslink Safe Sites - Over 11,000 safe, educational, and fun links grouped by topic. Includes sites related to art, history, languages, math, computers, humor, and music.
- KidslinQ - Find books, play games, and search the internet. From Queens Public Library.
- KidZone Depot - Get homework help, find arts and crafts, activities and things to do.
- Kinderstart - Allows kids to access links about health, shopping, hobbies, and crafts. Additional news is featured in a section called "news that burps."
- Letter Lane - A street where the houses are shaped like alphabet letters. Click on a letter house for fun and educational links that start with that letter.
- Linkopedia's Kidzone - Collection of reviewed kid sites. Provides fun, entertaining, and educational links for children.
- MEGAlinks - Comprehensive link libraries for all subjects, all ages.
- MIKids.com - Holidays and special days as well as games, puzzles, Advent calendar, pictures to color. Lots of research links for kids K-6, and for teachers and parents too.
- Mr Heitmann's Page - A reference page for grades 6-12+. Contains over 8,000 links grouped by subject area.
- NCES: Find Your School - A place where students can look up their schools and find some statistics about it compiled by the National Center for Education Statistics.
- NoodleLinks: Database of Academic Bibliographies - Database of academic bibliographies written by researchers around the world can be searched by category or keyword.
- Our First Grade Backpack - Sites appropriate for first grade students. Includes links about reading, math, science, and geography.
- PeaKaBoo.Net - Family friendly and ethics conscious safe shopping search engine. Kids welcome.
- Pets: Cantufind.com - A collection of links to animal related sites, including dogs, birds, and cats. Features a brief description of the content of each site listing.
- Public Library WWW Servers - Directory of public libraries on the internet.
- Safe Links-4-Kids - Includes educational, and fun links grouped by topics such as art, cartoons, coloring, fun, games, languages, math, computers, humor, and music.
- School Links Reference Site - Subject directory of social science, language, math, science, art, music links geared to help 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders with their homework.
- Scout Report Archives - Searchable and browseable database contains thousands of critical annotations of Internet sites and mailing lists.
- Search22 :: Kids Search Engines - is a portal to links reference, education and family-safe sites.
- Searchopolis 3.0 - Internet search engine and resource site for K-12 students.
- Spike2000.com - A fun, interactive and educational web site search directory for children.
- StarshipSearch - A search engine for K-8 students that allows access to over 15,000 educational sites, all selected by teachers.
- Start Squad - Collection of links to web content for preschoolers, elementary schoolers, and middle schoolers as selected by librarians of North Carolina.
- Student Search Center - Allows students and teachers alike to search for web sites on various topics. All sites are strictly reviewed for youth safety.
- SuperKids - is a search engine and kids' guide to the web that contains a searchable index to family, school, educational sites, magazines and game websites.
- TallMania Web Directory - Web directory designed for and developed by students, 11-15 years old.
- Teach the Children Well - A collection of links on over 50 topics for use by students in grades K-4 as well as their parents and teachers.
- The Lima News Kids Page - Includes links to interactive online games, local sports scores and opinions, games, screensavers, Windows 95 theme packs, music and sound downloads, homework helpers, Internet help, and local school links.
- The School Site - Large collection of links regarding games, jokes, news, homework help, and school subjects.
- Top 20 Kids - Links to fun stuff, games, books, stories, homework help and crafts.
- U.S. Government Web Sites for Kids - List of government web sites for kids arranged by subject.
- UK Favourites for Kids - Collections of web sites for kids aged 6 to 14. Includes jokes, drawing, coloring, music, and games.
- Webschooling - Large web directory with educational categories of links.
- Wildlife Search - A directory of wildlife sites on the web, categorized by animal.
- World Wide School - Large collection of online texts and classic works grouped by topic. Also features free online courses.
- Yahooligans - Featuring comprehensive safe surfing, games, homework help, and many kid friendly activities.
- Finding Information on the Internet - Explains how search engines and directories work. Also provides tips for using them effectively.
- Virtual Middle School Library - links to resources for students, teachers, and school librarians organized as a virtual library.