Home / Home / Cooking / Canning and Freezing
- Apples: Preserving - Fact sheet explaining how to prepare apples for freezing or canning, also recipes for syrup for preservation, preserving without sugar, recipes for chutney and cinnamon apple rings.
- Basics for Canning Fruit - Instructions from an Ohio State University Extension fact sheet.
- Basics for Canning Vegetables - Pressure canning is the only safe method for home canning vegetables. This Ohio State University Extension fact sheet explains how.
- Buying Beef For The Freezer - Buying beef in large quantities can result in significant cost savings, this Ohio State University Extension fact sheet explains how.
- Canning Basics - This fact sheet explains why canning works, what causes food to spoil, and the importance of following directions carefully. From Ohio State University Extension.
- Canning Food Recipes.com - Canning and preserving recipes and information on preparing, cooking and processing fruits and vegetables.
- Canning Jars and Facts - A comprehensive site including information guide from the food authority, tips, timing chart, and canning forum
- Canning Meat, Poultry, and Game - Fact sheet from Ohio State University Extension.
- Canning Recipes - A guide and recipes for canning fruit and vegetables.
- Canning Recipes - Browse 70+ canning recipes by ingredient, cuisine, and more; or use search to find something in particular. Each recipe includes complete nutritional information.
- Canning Tomato Products - Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on canning, selection, acidification, preparation and processing.
- Canning Tomatoes - All tomato recipes.
- Canning Tomatoes - Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on the topic.
- Canning, Drying and Freezing - Tips and instructions from National Food Safety Database.
- Clemson Extension: Home and Garden Information Center - Offers factsheets on food preservation and safety, including canning basics and equipment, freezing, preserving fruits and jellies, and food handling and storage.
- Colorado State Co-op - Facts, tips, and directions for freezing vegetables.
- Countryplace Recipes - Canning tips and a few recipes.
- Dinner in the Freezer - Frozen and once a month cooking, master mix recipes. From WebSeed Publishing Community.
- Food Preservation and Food Safety - Outlines safety factors in preserving foods.
- Freezer Cooking from Suite101.com - Recipes and freezing instructions.
- Freezer Storage - Basic facts and downloadable Adobe Acrobat file containing "Tips on Freezing Home-Prepared Foods" and the "Freezer Storage Chart." From Ohio State University Extension.
- Freezing Basics - Fact sheet from Ohio State University Extension with a list of recommended books.
- Freezing Combination Main Dishes - Ohio State University Extension fact sheet offering information and tips on this topic.
- Freezing Fruits - Freezing fruits is simple, easy, and preserves more nutrients and a fresher flavor than dehydration or canning, if done properly. This fact sheet from Ohio State University Extension explains how.
- Freezing Meat, Poultry and Game - Fact sheet offering information on the topic.
- Freezing Vegetables - Ohio State University Extension fact sheet on the process to follow to freeze safely. List of books included.
- Freezing Vegetables from Gardenguides - Instructions for freezing many popular vegetables and fruits.
- Frozen Assets - How to cook for a day and eat for a month. A comprehensive site containing articles, recipes, complete meal plans, email discussion group, links.
- Home Canning Resources - Information and resources from The Mining Co.
- Home Preserving - Tips for preserving and pickling with recipes and links to more information.
- Homecanning.com - Offers tips and techniques, recipes and an e-mail newsletter.
- Homemade Maple Syrup - Directions for tapping, collecting, and making your own maple syrup.
- How Stuff Works: Preserving Food - An explanation of all the different ways used to preserve food from freezing to irradiation.
- Ma's Goodies Canning & Preserving - A collection of recipes and tips for canning fruit, vegetables, and meats.
- Making Fruit Spreads - Preserve It Right - Basic directions on how to make jams, jellies, marmalades, preserves, and conserves.
- Mountain Breeze Home Canning - Canning recipes from Kentucky.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation - Information on home food freezing, drying, canning, pickling, and smoking for home preservers and educators. Includes publications and seasonal tips.
- NDSU Extension Freezing Tips - Answers to commonly asked questions about freezing produce. From North Dakota State University.
- NewMexico State University - A check list and instructions for freezing vegetables.
- Papaya Recipes - Two recipes for canning papaya.
- Pepper Fools - A large collection of canning recipes using Chile peppers.
- Pickled Crab Apples - Basic recipe using hot water bath method.
- Picklenet - A guide to pickling and preserving offering recipes, techniques, advice, links, and a bulletin board.
- PreserveFood.com - Presents methods for preserving food by canning, freezing, dehydrating and vacuum sealing. Also includes safety tips.
- Preserving Pie Fillings - Ohio State University Extension fact sheet offering recipes and canning information.
- Quality for Keeps - Directions and recipes for canning meat, fish and poultry safely.
- Really Cookin' - Look at the Time - Whirlpool tips on freezing.
- Recipelink Canning and Preserving - The Recipe Link offers canning and preserving recipes, message boards, and canning safety articles.
- Squash Pickles - Calls for eight cups of any kind of summer squash.
- Strub Family Brine Recipe - Simple recipe to try pickling at home.
- Sandy's Place - Recipes, information, and tips on home canning, freezing, and dehydrating.