Home / Arts / Animation / Stop-Motion
- Animation Express: Stop Motion Animations - Just see QuickTime Stop Motion Animations...
- Animation Toolworks - This company offers the LunchBox Sync which is a dedicated frame/image capturing device to provide instant feedback for animators. Many uses include syncing for pencil tests or stop motion, also for demo reels, previews, animatics, reference tests, student projects, festival entries, and web animation.
- At Last, Foam Puppet Fabrication Explained! - Article from Animation World Magazine. An overview of the general methods used in stop motion puppet fabrication starting from design, then machining jointed armature, sculpting, molding, and foam latex rubber casting.
- Ball and Socket Puppet Armatures - Description and photos showing the construction of stop motion animation puppet armature joints using common tools and basic metalworking methods.
- Bowes Productions Inc. - A commercial studio in Canada that specializes in stop motion animation work. This site has photos of previous professional stop motion projects they have worked on.
- BTV - Mac Animation - Video software with frame capture features specifically for animation applications, such as stop motion, clay, drawn, etc.. Also features timelapse and motion detection.
- Burman Industries, Inc. - This company offers materials, supplies, how-to videos and books for prosthetic/animatronic special effects, which use many similar fabrication techniques to create stop motion animation puppets.
- Clay Animation & Sculpture - Stop motion animation movies and pictures created with clay. [Some pages from this site not viewable with some browsers]
- Clay Animation How-To Page - A brief tutorial on how to make clay puppets and animate/film them. Many links to stop motion/puppet animation related web sites.
- Claymation Attack! - Portfolio and some useful how-to information about getting started in clay animation.
- Cycho - Production company specializing in clay animation and stop-motion, for TV commercials, music-video and films. Offers behind the scenes photos of stop motion puppets and miniature sets.
- Do it Yourself ! Foam Latex Puppet Making 101 - This video tutorial is available for purchase which shows the general basics of constructing a stop motion animation puppet using the clay sculpting & molding method, foam rubber latex casting, seaming, and final painting of the puppet.
- FrameThief - This is an inexpensive shareware stop motion animation program for the Apple/Macintosh platform, that enables the users, from novices to professionals, to capture and create animation.
- John Wright Modelmaking - A special effects shop in England that designs and fabricates miniature models for use in puppet animation, offers ball and socket joint parts for do-it-yourself armature fabrication, and they also engineer custom stop motion animation armatures.
- Kameron M. Rowe - Animator/Composer - Sample stop-motion animation and pictures from current project.
- Loose Moose Animation - Award winning stop motion animation company using puppets, clay animation and CGI. Best known for their Brisk Iced Tea television commercials.
- Michael Davy Film & TV - Distributor-supplier of a more user friendly 3 part foam latex system. M.D. Foam Latex can be used for casting stop motion animation puppets. Listed under "products" then go to "latex products".
- Modelmaking for Stop Motion and Live Action - Scary Cat Studio in England, offers modelmaking and design services that include stop motion animation armatures/puppets, maquettes, props, sets, mouldmaking, exhibition and display models.
- ModularHose.com: Armatures - A modular, poseable hose system that can be adapted and modified for use as stop motion puppet armatures, and can be used in "built-up" puppet constructions.
- MovieStuff Transfers - For those shooting stop motion using Super 8 film format, this company offers low cost film-to-digital transfers of your Super 8 animation. Film is transferred to miniDV tape format and ready for downloading to your computer.
- Plastic Piece Theater - Stop motion movies using Lego as a medium.
- Ray Harryhausen - The life and career of the special effects, stop-motion animator.
- Sanyo iDshot Digital Disk Cam - One of the very few consumer digital camcorders that can shoot single frames and can be used for stop motion work. When used for animation, it does not need to be connected to computer.
- Stop Motion Armature Machining Book - Provides general instructions about machining and metal working techniques for the fabrication of armature joints which are used inside stop motion puppets. This is an intermediate level book which assumes you have some understanding of metal working principles.
- Stop Motion E-mail Forum - Community for discussing the craft with other hobbyists and professionals.
- Stop Motion Film - A resource and informational website from Germany about stop motion animation. Also, there is an English version of this site.
- Stop Motion Pro - For Windows PCs, an affordable frame capturing program for stop motion animation, clay animation, pixillation, and cut out animation techniques.
- Stop Motion Works - Information and how-to technical tips on animated puppetry. Dedicated web site for hobbyists and professionals practicing the unique art and craft of stop motion animation.
- Stop-Motion Filmography - A website reviewing this detailed book about stop motion animation in motion pictures or television, specifically, where the stop motion puppets were used to interact with live action/people.
- StopMotionAnimation.Com - Exclusively devoted to Stop Motion Animation. Features information, resources, library, how-to instructionals and much more.
- SUPERMODELS - Sculpture - Modelmaking - Art Direction - Company offers figurative and creature work from design to finished product for the general entertainment and artistic industries. Also experienced with animation puppet fabrication and other crafts related to stop motion. Studio based in Sydney, Australia.
- The Art of Stop Motion Animation - Overview about stop motion animation and general how-to aspects. Covers films and television shows using stop motion. Also, behind the scene photos of professional animator's work.
- The Clay Animation Home Page - Site that includes, resources, discussion group, materials & supplies links, and other information for those wanting to learn about stop motion clay animation.
- The Clay Animation Station - For beginners/students, general information about getting started in clay animation. Includes tips, tricks, and resources.
- The Clayman's Funhouse - Stop Motion / CG Animation - Offers full service 3D animation production services, including stop motion, CGI, and Flash animation.
- The Puppetry Home Page - The Puppetry Home Page is dedicated to international puppetry and lists information and resources; covering traditional puppetry, animatronics, stop motion puppet animation and more.
- The Ray Harryhausen Creature List - A complete source of information about Ray Harryhausen's brilliant stop motion animation. An overview of his career and many images of his classic stop motion puppet creatures.
- The Small Handyman / Le Petit Bricoleur - Beginning clay animation sample movies and information how the animation was done.
- VideoBlender - This is an animation software for the use in stop motion and clay animation. Offered by Tech4Learning which has extensive online documentation and training manuals about VideoBlender. It can be used on the PC or Mac platform.