Home / Science / Social Sciences / Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Studies
- Alvin Fritz's Gay and Lesbian Studies Resources - Includes bibliographies, lists of LGBT studies organizations, links to pages on LGBT studies. Compiled by a reference librarian.
- Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies (CLAGS) - University-based research center dedicated to the study of historical, cultural, and political issues of vital concern to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered individuals; info on applying for CLAGS and other fellowships, calendar of events, LGBT studies syllabi and programs.
- Center for the Study of Sexual Minorities in the Military - Promotes the study of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people in the armed forces by organizing conferences, sponsoring research, and supporting graduate student training.
- Crossing Over and Coming Home - Study and recounting of gay and lesbian near-death experiences by Liz Dale, Ph.D. Reviews and mail order information.
- Gay and Lesbian Media Studies - Collection of student research primarily concerned with gay and lesbian media studies with emphasis on Australia.
- Gay and Lesbian Politics: WWW and Internet Resources - A selective, annotated, one-stop guide to news, issues, organizations, government and academic resources, etc., for journalists, scholars, students, activists, and citizens.
- Gay Demographics - Data and maps from 2000 U.S. Census
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Pupils in NW Ireland - Summary of the results of a 1998 survey of young lesbian, gay and bisexual people in Derry/Londonderry about their experiences at school.
- Gay.com: 60 Years Counting Queers - Overviews of gay and/or lesbian statistical studies conducted over sixty years.
- Gender and Sexuality - This page publishes texts which address gender studies and queer studies, with a particular focus upon discussions of sex, gender, sexual identity and sexuality in cultural practices.
- Gender Theory, Gay & Lesbian Culture Studies - A reading list devoted to gender theory with a pecialization in gay and lesbian culture studies, which includes both traditional literary texts and essays in critical theory.
- Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies (IGLSS) - Does research and analysis on issues important to LGBT Americans, including research on giving and volunteering and analysis of the economic status of lesbians and gay men.
- Journey Together Faithfully - The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America studies on sexuality and homosexuality.
- LAMBDA Educational Research Foundation - Promotes research into lesbian and gay issues and lifestyles for the purpose of public education. Site contains information on its resources and services.
- Minnesota Gay Homicide Study - Research project measuring the incidence of GLBT homicides in Minnesota and its border cities. History, activities, and findings.
- New York University: Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality - Fosters explorations of gender and sexuality in a broad range of contexts in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and professions.
- Policy Institute of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - Think tank for research, policy analysis, tactical thinking, and strategic initiatives on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues. Publishes research papers online.
- QueerTheory.com - Resource directory for LGBT and queer cultures, queer theory, queer studies, gender studies, and related fields.
- RightSight: Origin and Nature of Sexual Preference and of Mental Health/Illness - Theory, explanation and empirical proof. Based on a Theory of Knowledge, a humanized derivative of Christian Theology.
- Sexual Orientation Specific Resources - Includes calls for papers, syllabi, funding information, bibliographies. Very extensive. From the University of Maryland's Diversity Database.
- Sexual Orientation: Science, Education, and Policy - Explanations of scientific research on homophobia and hate crimes, HIV/AIDS stigma, and other topics of concern to lesbians and gay men.
- The Steven J. Schochet Center for Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Studies, University of Minnesota - Pursues interdisciplinary academic and community scholarship and aims to enhance knowledge about GLBT lives in three interconnected ways: academic focus, community focus, and historical focus with the creation of an archive.
- University of Chicago: Center for Gender Studies - Consolidates work on gender and sexuality, and in feminist, gay and lesbian, and queer studies, and fosters teaching, research, and discussion. Houses the Lesbian and Gay Studies Project.
- E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars - Entries listing the area of research and publications of scholars in LGBT studies, searchable by discipline, keyword, or department. Also has up-to-date list of calls for papers and announcements.