Home / Home / Consumer Information / Toys and Games
- All Star Review - Reviews of software, video, audio, and entertainment items by reviewers who are families or teachers.
- All-Reviews: Toys - Reviews of toys and games by consumers.
- Classic Toys - Classic toys that are still on the market, along with their first year of introduction and their current manufacturer. Compiled by the American Toy Institute.
- Consumer Reports for Kids Online - Zillions (Consumer Reports for Kids) includes advice, ratings of toys and other things kids buy, and fun features like Fad Alert. Accepts no advertising from companies.
- ConsumerGuide Best Buys: Toys - Staff reviewers analyze products and recommend the best.
- CPSC Toy Safety Publications - Publications from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Dr. Toy - Provided by the Institute for Childhood Resources, this comprehensive site has tips, articles, evaluations, company links, toy history, "100 best toys", web links.
- Edutaining Kids - Reviews and guide to the best children's "edutainment" toys, videos, software, music, and video games.
- Epinions: Toys - Comprehensive site with consumer reviews, tips, and advice on both toys and games. Search by type, character, price or brand name.
- Fun Play, Safe Play - A guide from the American Toy Institute, Inc. Covers importance of play, age-by-age guide to buying toys, choosing toys for children with disabilities, safety tips.
- Game and Toy Reviews - What's a Kid 2 Do? and, What's a Teen 2 Do? provide computer children's software, toy, games, and sports reviews for consumers. Site focuses on products that are currently popular and in demand.
- Gaming Friends - Online meeting place for online gamers.
- How Stuff Works: Dancing Monster Novelty - In-depth description with many inside-view photos of a popular seasonal motorized novelty item.
- How Stuff Works: How Magna Doodle Works - Photographic tour of the Magna Doodle, shows how the liquid dispersion medium is used in a toy that allows children to draw and re-draw pictures and words without wasting paper or creating chalk dust.
- HowStuffWorks: How Water Blasters Work - Animated article shows inner workings of water pump guns capable of shooting 50 feet.
- MSN eShop: Toys, Games and Education - A shopping site which also mixes in consumer information, including decision tips, product types available, and features to consider.
- PIRG Toy Safety - Focuses on toy safety and has a complete list dangerous toys, plus shopping tips for consumers.
- Rave Reviews - Sesame Street Parents presents age-customized reviews of kids' toys, books, software, games.
- ReviewFinder: Toys - Provides links to large numbers of other consumer review sources for products, and shopping links for purchase.
- Sci-Fi Toys - IGN Sci-Fi focuses on science fiction toys, particularly action figures, with reviews and notices of what is new and on the market.
- Sport Fun - Offers specifications and information on many sporting goods and toys geared towards young children and teens.
- T.O.T.Y. Awards - Toy of the Year Awards, voted upon by the general public and the toy industry. Data is available seasonally, generally around Christmas.
- The National Parenting Center - Independent parent testers review, test, and give seals of approval to toys, games, books, software, educational products.
- The Toy Guy - Toy reviews, game reviews, resources for parents and kids.
- Top Selling Toys - Month by month list, and archives of previous years, of top selling toys, compiled by the American Toy Institute.
- Toy Hazard Recalls - Toy recalls from the Consumer Product Safety Commission back to 1975.
- Toy Reviews and Recommendations - A message board for consumers to post their reviews of toys.
- Toy Safety Survey - Annual survey and video demonstrations of unsafe toys. Tips for choosing safe toys.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension: Tips on Toys - Choosing safe toys, organized by age of the child.
- W.A.T.C.H. World Against Toys Causing Harm - Non-profit organization that lists toy hazards and a "10 worst toys" list.
- What's a Kid 2 Do: Toys - Reviews of popular children's toys with specifications and price range.