Home / Society / Issues / Peace / Peace Studies
- Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary Master of Arts in Peace Studies - Provides the environment for a deepening understanding of and commitment to the biblical vision of peace and justice and its embodiment in the world. The program prepares students for peace and justice ministries from congregational to worldwide levels. Curriculum and faculty information.
- Canadian Institute for Conflict Resolution - Provides training in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution. Deals specifically with deep-rooted conflict experiences within communities in Canada and abroad. Course schedule, staff, FAQ, and registration form.
- Center for Peacemaking and Conflict Studies at Fresno Pacific University - Offers education in conflict management and peacemaking leading to the MA degree or graduate certificate. Also offers intervention and consulting services. Purpose and mission, course schedules, syllabi, and events.
- Center for the Study of Mind and Human Interaction - An interdisciplinary center that practices "preventive medicine" in the widest sense, CSMHI studies large-group dynamics and issues such as ethnic tension, war, peace, and diplomacy. Recent and upcoming events, faculty, and history of group.
- Centre for Peace Studies, Faculty of Humanities, McMaster University - Offers a Combined Honours B.A. in Peace Studies as well as a minor in Peace Studies. Programs and courses, faculty, lectures, and events. Located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Centre for the Resolution of Conflicts of Nyankunde-Bunia, Democratic Republic of Congo - Multi-faith non-governmental forum composed of peace committees in the DRC with a common spirit of sharing in peace and conflict resolution matters. History and vision, values, and strategies.
- CONTACT - Conflict Transformation Across Cultures - Summer institute and graduate certificate for student and professional peacebuilders, leading to master's degree in conflict transformation. Features distance learning plus summer institute in Vermont.
- Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford - Largest university peace studies center in the world. Offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. Course details, department history, staff profiles, publications, newsletter, and online video lectures.
- Henry Martyn Institute International Centre for Research, Interfaith Relations and Reconciliation - Ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to the objective study and teaching of Islam, the promotion of interfaith dialogue, and reconciliation. Academic programs, faculty, and application forms.
- Ideaswork - Committed to discovering, inventing, and promoting forms of governance that promote the well-being of poor people around the world. Resources, programs, news, and peace committees.
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies - New Delhi-based think tank aims to inform, analyze, and nurture debates on crucial strategic choices affecting South Asia. News, articles, site search, archives, and a debating page.
- International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution - Based at Teachers College, Columbia University, offers courses and information about conflict resolution and mediation. Goal is to enhance individuals' interpersonal and problem-solving skills and develop reflective scholars/practitioners.
- International Conflict Resolution Program - Founded by Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs to contribute to the resolution of international deadly conflicts through research, teaching, and fieldwork. Opportunities for student involvement, program information, library resources, and staff profiles.
- International Peace Research Institute - Based in Oslo, Norway. Conducts research and education in Conditions of War and Peace; Foreign and Security Policies; Ethics, Norms and Identities; and Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding. News, events, staff, and program information.
- International Training Programme for Conflict Management - Post-graduate program of the Scuola Superiore Sant' Anna in Pisa, Italy that enables its graduates to serve effectively in international field operations of conflict management. Also hosts training courses, seminars, and workshops.
- Karachi University International Relations Department - Oldest Department in the field of International Relations in Pakistan. Offers Honors, Master's, M.Phil, and Ph.D. programs, as well as a Program on Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution. Information on facilities, faculty, courses, projects, and publications.
- Leslie College Master of Education in Conflict Resolution and Peaceable Schools - Unique hands-on program at Cambridge, Massachusetts college prepares students to become classroom teachers, conflict resolution trainers, or administrators. Course list, faculty profiles, and admissions information.
- Matsunaga Institute for Peace - A department of the College of Social Sciences located on the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus in Honolulu. Designed to explore, develop and share knowledge of peace through teaching, research, publication, and public service. studies. Publications, activities, courses, and contact information.
- Oneness in Peace - Offers teacher's guide, workshops, and retreats on a holistic approach to peace education.
- Peace and Conflict - The Home of Peace Studies on the World Wide Web. Site offers a directory of college and university Peace Studies programs, a guide to Peace and Conflict research centers and organizations, and the Peace Studies Discussion Group archives.
- Peace and Conflict Studies at University of California, Berkeley - Major prepares students to understand the dynamics of peace and conflict and to contribute to the creation of more just and peaceable conditions in the world. How to apply, admission requirements, faculty, course list, and information on the honors program.
- Peace Education International - PreK-12 curriculum resources focusing on building peace and non-violence in the home, school, and community. Sample pages and music clips, discussion board, and on-line order form.
- Peace Education Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association - Promotes and disseminates research on issues related to peace, including scholarly work in the areas of social justice, human rights, conflict resolution, violence prevention, prejudice reduction, and holistic education. Membership form, newsletters, and list of officers.
- Peace Games - Program uses cooperative games and community service activities to empower elementary school students to be peacemakers. History of organization, program model, FAQ, and call for volunteers.
- Peace Research Foundation - Nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the creation, application, and dissemination of a body of knowledge concerning the subject of peace. Mission statement, events, and volunteer opportunities form.
- Peace Research Information Unit Bonn - National and international advice, information and service institution covering the whole field of peace research related issues. Publications, library hours, peace research index, and contact information.
- PeaceMobile - Traveling museum teaches children and their families how to build peace through an array of interactive, hands-on activities and exhibits. Photos, program details, and printable teacher resources.
- Professors World Peace Academy - Non-profit educational organization founded to support the academic community's role in the pursuit of world peace. Organizes conferences and publishes books and the International Journal on World Peace. News and announcements. Membership, subscription, and book order forms.
- The Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies - Multidisciplinary educational endeavour of the Five College Consortium of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. News and events, publications, and information for students and faculty.
- The Florida Institute for Peace Education and Research - Non-profit institution committed to the development, advancement, application, and research of nonviolent methods to manage conflict and promote peace. Services offered, upcoming events, and membership form.
- The Fund For Peace - Mission is to prevent war and alleviate the conditions that cause war. Promotes education and research for practical solutions. History of Fund, position statements, news, resources, and details on research and advocacy programs.
- The Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame - Conducts educational, research, and outreach programs on international peace and sponsors major conferences, lectures, visiting fellows programs, and research projects. Program history and description, admission FAQ, course list, publications, and career resources.
- The World Citizenship Project - Aim is to help pupils have a better understanding of the interdependence of the human race by allowing them to interact with pupils from different cultural backgrounds. Provides examples of students' work and links to teacher resources.
- Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research - Mission is peace. Tools are new ideas, listening, research, mitigation, education, and advocacy. Its Peace Training Network offers lectures and training in areas from advanced theories to practical skills. Forums, articles, news, and links.
- Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies - Dedicated to encouraging and legitimizing teaching and research on the roots of violence, national and global security issues, and all factors necessary for a just global peace. Online "Journal for the Study of Peace and Conflict."
- WorldViews - Gathers, organizes, and publicizes information and educational resource materials that deal with issues of peace and justice in world affairs.