Home / Kids and Teens / Health
- AboutHealth.com - An interactive web site for young people. Read true stories, from peers about handling the challenges of growing up.
- ADHA - Kid's Stuff - Gives children valuable oral health information, answers to common questions about their teeth, and some fun online games by The American Dental Hygienists' Association.
- Archives of firstname.lastname@example.org - An e-mail list where young people with serious illnesses can exchange messages. Requires subscription to access.
- Ask Doctor Marla - Provides a place for teens to ask questions and get answers to their health related questions. Topics range from puberty to birth control, from body image to sports safety. Dr. Marla is a board certified family practitioner with fellowship training in adolescent medicine.
- BAM Body and Mind - Tips for kids about fitness, exercise, disease, and safety. Offers articles and other resources.
- BBC - Kid's Health - Teaches kids wanting to know how their body works and why, plus tips on improving their well-being.
- BrainPOP - Health - All about the human body and how it works. Includes sections on all ten body systems.
- Childstress.com - Information and ideas to help kids reduce stress and teaches the healthy benefits.
- Crest Toothpaste's Sparkle-City - Crest characters encourage kids to brush their teeth through sing-alongs, games, and adventure stories.
- Dental Health Month 2001 - Crest explains how brushing, flossing, healthy eating, and regular dental visits help protect teeth.
- Ever Been to a Hospital? - Virtual tour that explains what to expect upon a visit to a hospital.
- For Kids and Teens - Articles on dealing with a depressed parent, having a chronic illness, the role of the school nurse, and so forth.
- Health Hut at CYKE - Learn about how your body works through fun games and interactive Flash movies.
- Health in the 17th Century - National Maritime Museum fact file answers common questions about hygiene and medicine in the 1600s.
- Health Start - Online games, health and fitness information, message boards, and resources for teachers.
- Health Windows Jr. - Information on health, wellness, science and the environment. Includes a homework help section.
- Healthy Kids - Features simple experiments as well as articles for kids, teens, and parents.
- InteliHealth: Visiting a Pediatrician - Printable coloring book, available in .gif and .pdf formats, helps prepare children for a visit to the doctor.
- Kid's Aid - Site for and by kids for grief support and peer support. Stories, poems, artwork, and an online support group.
- Kids Corner - Pediatric Oncall - Dr. Pedi tells all about the human body, its functioning and human body trivia.
- KidsHealth.org - Discover how the body works and what can make the body sick by reading through these expert articles written just for kids.
- National Smile Week--2nd Week of August - It takes 43 muscles to frown, but only 17 muscles to smile. That makes it 2.5 times easier to smile. California dental group remind patients to floss, brush at least twice a day, and smile.
- Patient Education Program - Series of articles help children and their families understand basic medical conditions, test, and procedures. Also includes a guide to home care and a wellness guide. From the Children's Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati.
- PediHeart Kid Zone - Learn about the heart, explore a few of the common congenital heart conditions and ask us your heart related questions.
- Rodale Institute's Kid's Regenerative Resource Center - Explores the links between healthy soil, healthy dood, and healthy people using games and activities.
- Taking a Pulse - Step by step instruction for taking a pulse. For kids ages 8-10.
- The Bug Stops Here - Explores home hygiene, bacteria, viruses, and germs. Includes an interactive area with games.
- The Heart - An online exploration of the heart for kids.
- The Zone@Esporta - Healthy, hand-on activities geared toward toddlers through teenagers. Includes sports, nutrition and fitness information.
- TheAppleADay - A website for children who want to learn about a healthy lifestyle. Deals with aspects of physical and emotional health, sports, exercise, nutrition and relaxation.
- Walk in My Shoes - Learn what it feels like to be older and what happens to our bodies as we age.
- Your Child's Health - Interactive and animated, educational health and safety games just for children.
- Youthealth - Games, interactive activities, and facts about body parts, systems, diseases, first aid, and resources.
- Kid's Health - Health, fitness, food, drugs, alcohol, disease, infection, safety, sexual health, and mental health are covered here.