Home / Science / Earth Sciences / Atmospheric Chemistry
- Aerodyne Research, Inc. - Aerodyne Research - Environmental air quality
- Aerosol group, Biological Sciences, University of Essex - Research into airborne particles in atmospheric processes, photochemical oxidants, atmospheric modelling, urban air quality and air quality management.
- Aerosols and Heterogeneous Chemistry in the Atmosphere (AIDA) - Atmospheric Aerosol Research Department, Institute for Meteorology and Climate Research (IMK), Research Centre Karlsruhe.
- American Association for Aerosol Research - Conference information, newsletter, awards, events and member directory of nonprofit professional organization for scientists and engineers.
- AmeriFlux - Long-term CO2 flux measurements of the Americas - Long-term measurements of carbon dioxide, water vapor, and energy exchange through the eddy covariance technique from different ecosystems integrated into consistent, quality assured, and fully documented data sets.
- ARB Lidar Facility - NASA Langley Research Center aerosol lidar studies within the Lidar applications group.
- ATMOS User Center - AUC provides the European atmospheric satellite data user community with direct and easy access to measurements and derived data products from satellite based sensors.
- Atmospheric Chemistry Air Quality Glossary - Definitions in this glossary were initially generated by the students in a senior level class studying air quality and atmospheric chemistry at Sam Houston State University during the spring of 1995
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Biogenic Emissions Research Group, University of Lancaster - research into the occurrence and behaviour of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the atmosphere.
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics (ACP) Journal - An international scientific journal dedicated to the publication and discussion of high quality studies investigating the Earth's atmosphere and the underlying chemical and physical processes.
- Atmospheric Chemistry International Research Site (AIRSITE) - A focal point for information on atmospheric chemistry research taking place around the world
- Atmospheric Chemistry Program (U.S. DOE) - Research into regional and continental chemistry and the fate of tropospheric air pollutants, extracontinental and global chemistry and the fate of tropospheric air pollutants, and aerosol genesis.
- Atmospheric Chemistry Studies in the Oceanic Environment (ACSOE) - UK NERC Thematic Research Programme to investigate the chemistry of the lower atmosphere (0 - 12 km) over the oceans. The studies aim to bring about a clearer understanding of natural processes in the remote marine atmosphere, and how these processes are affected by atmospheric pollution originating from the continents.
- Atmospheric Trace Molecule Spectroscopy Experiment (ATMOS) - ATMOS is an infrared spectrometer (a Fourier transform interferometer) that is designed to study the chemical composition of the atmosphere from space.
- British Atmospheric Data Centre - Assisting atmospheric researchers to locate, access and interpret atmospheric data, ensuring the integrity of the atmospheric data produced by the UK's Natural Environment Research Council (NERC).
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) - Global-change data and information analysis for the US Department of Energy (DOE). Compiles and maintains extensive international data sets on atmospheric chemistry, particularly atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane & other radiatively active gases.
- Centre for Atmospheric Chemistry (CAC) - At the University of York, Ontario, CAC was formed to foster cooperative research in atmospheric chemistry, to take a leading role in Canada in the education of a new generation of qualified atmospheric chemists, and to provide a communications link between York atmospheric chemists and the national and international atmospheric chemistry community.
- Centre for Atmospheric Science, University of Cambridge - A joint venture between the Departments of Chemistry and Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics in the University of Cambridge.
- Collaboratory for Atmospheric Science and Technology (CAST) - The aim of CAST is to promote interaction and collaboration between UK atmospheric scientists.
- Creative Methods - US Air Quality Gradebook, which grades US counties A-F on 20 EPA measures of air quality.
- deMontigny, David - The site identifies David's research areas (carbon dioxide absorption), experience, and personal interests.
- EMEP - Co-operative programme for the monitoring and evaluation of the long range transmission of air pollutants in Europe.
- EUROTRAC-2 - The EUREKA atmospheric environmental project on the Transport and Chemical Transformation of Environmentally Relevant Trace Constituents in the Troposphere over Europe.
- Global Atmosphere Watch (GAW) Aerosol Program at the Jungfraujoch (Switzerland) - The Global Atmosphere Watch (GAW) Program of the WMO at the Jungfraujoch High-Alpine Research Station (3580 m asl), Switzerland, provides measurements for better understanding of the climate forcing by aerosol particles.
- Global Tropospheric Experiment (GTE) - GTE is primarily an aircraft-based program supplemented by ground-based measurements and satellite observations and aims to understand the chemical processes in the troposphere on a global scale.
- Institute for Atmospheric Science - Information about research and academics.
- Institute of Physics and Chemistry of the Lower and Upper Atmosphere (FISBAT-CNR) - Research activities include cloud physics and chemistry, aerosol chemistry and physics, wet and 'occult' deposition, and urban pollution.
- International Global Atmospheric Chemistry Project - Aimed at developing a fundamental understanding of the processes determining atmospheric composition, understanding interactions between atmospheric chemical composition and physical, biospheric and climatic processes, and to predict the impact of natural and anthropogenic forcings on the chemical composition of the atmosphere.
- Jürgen Lobert's World of Science - A site for atmospheric chemistry and earth science. J.M. Lobert's projects, publications, data and personal information and links for further studies.
- Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry (JAC) - The Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry is devoted to the study of the chemistry of the Earth's atmosphere, the emphasis being laid on the region below about 100 km.
- MACAWS, an Airborne Coherent Doppler Laser Radar (Lidar) for Wind and Aerosol Backscatter Measurement - Remote sensing of winds and aerosols using a coherent doppler lidar instrument on a NASA DC-8 research aircraft.
- Mauna Loa atmospheric CO2 data - Time series record of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Michigan Aerospace Corporation - Lidar based weather sensing systems and optical air data systems.
- NASA Ames Research Center, Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics Branch - Research is focused on the chemical and transport processes that determine atmospheric composition, dynamics, and climate, including man-made perterbations to those processes.
- NASA Langley Atmospheric Sciences Data Center - The NASA Langley Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) archives and distributes data relating to Radiation Budget, Clouds, Aerosols, and Troposheric Chemistry.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research Atmospheric Chemistry Division - The overall scientific goal of ACD is to identify and quantify the natural and anthropogenic processes that regulate the chemical composition of the troposphere and middle atmosphere and to assess future changes caused by human activities.
- NCAR Postdoctoral Appointments in Atmospheric Research - The National Center for Atmospheric Research postdoctoral program provides an opportunity for talented scientists who have recently received their Ph.D.s to continue to pursue their research interests and to develop expertise in new areas.
- ORNL/ESD Atmospheric Chemistry & Aerosol Group - Activities include research on airborne releases of mercury compounds, airborne mercury speciation, atmospheric deposition in mountainous terrain, atmospheric mercury cycling, biogeochemical cycling of mercury in northern wetlands, and development of laser-induced plasma spectroscopy for continuous multielemental emission monitoring.
- Pacific Marine Environment Laboratory, Atmospheric Chemistry - Atmospheric chemistry and global change research at the Pacific Marine Environment Laboratory of NOAA. Details of research programmes and data server are given.
- Pollution from Aircraft Emissions in the North Atlantic Flight Corridor (POLINAT-II) - Measurements and analysis of the relative contribution from air traffic exhaust emissions to the composition of the lower stratosphere and upper troposphere at altitudes between 9 and 13 km within and near the flight corridor over the North Atlantic.
- SASS Ozone and Nitrogen Oxide Experiment (SONEX) - The impact of subsonic aircraft emissions on tropospheric NOx and ozone budgets has been studied at a preliminary level with models that focus on upper tropospheric chemistry and are acknowledged to be limited with respect to treatment of transport and the tropospheric NOx budget. SONEX aims to improve experimental data in this field.
- Sentex Systems,inc. - Specialists for MTBE monitoring, voc monitoring, gas chromatographs, portable and online gas chromatography instruments featuring purge and trap technology, air and water monitoring and volatile organic compound analyzers.
- Singh, Hanwant B. - Information about atmospheric chemistry research and the journal "Atmospheric Environment."
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry - Laser spectroscopy and computational chemistry for investigations of atmospheric chemistry - site by Ted Dibble.
- The Aerosol Society - Events, awards, background information and history of aerosols in the United Kingdom.
- University of Miami, Division of Marine and Atmospheric Chemistry - Carries out broadly based research on the chemistry of marine waters and the marine atmosphere, and maintains a high-quality well-rounded graduate program leading to the MS and Ph.D. degrees.
- University of New Hampshire, Global Atmospheric Chemistry Group - A multidisciplinary group of researchers concerned with understanding the fundamental factors (both natural and anthropogenic) which determine the chemical composition of the Earth's atmosphere. Major research interests include quantifying and modeling emissions of atmospheric trace gases from global energy production and use, large-scale agroecosystems, tundra and boreal forest ecosystems, and tropical areas subject to deforestation.
- University of Regina, Faculty of Engineering - Research in high efficiency separation process technologies for carbon dioxide (CO2) removal from industrial sources at the Process Systems Laboratory, University of Regina.
- Waterloo Centre for Atmospheric Sciences - A collaboration among academic, government and private sector atmospheric scientists involved in regional atmospheric modelling, remote sensing and atmospheric aerosol studies.