Home / Health / Public Health and Safety / Rural Health
- Andean Health and Development / SALUDESA - A U.S.-based not for profit organization which has been working in rural Ecuador, South America creating a sustainable primary health care system.
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare - Private, not-for-profit health care system serving rural, central Appalachian mountain communities in Kentucky and West Virginia which includes hospitals, clinics, home health care agencies and stores, and other related health services.
- Arcadian Management Services Inc. - Information on services offered by organizing rural providers to respond successfully to managed healthcare.
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress, Inc. - Public health care provider for central Australian Aboriginal people. Based in Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
- Charles Sturt University, Gilmour Centre for Rural Health - The Centre encourages collaborative research, education and training in the area of rural health. (Australia)
- Franklin Community Health Network - Located in the scenic western mountains of Maine, FCHN is a locally controlled, nonprofit, integrated network of rural health-care providers.
- Illinois Rural Health Association - A not-for-profit corporation formed in 1989 committed to improving access to health care for rural Illinoisans.
- Institute of Rural Health - About the Institute, research, education and training, a rural health forum and an extensive virtual library. Located in Powys, Wales (United Kingdom).
- Interdisciplinary Training for Health Care for Rural Areas Project - The Project's mission is to increase the capacity of the State of Maine to improve access, quality and delivery of rural health care through numerous programs.
- Midwest Center for Rural Health - Provides education for doctors entering the field in a rural area.
- Minnesota Center for Rural Health - Support community based strategies to ensure access to quality health services for rural and underserved citizens.
- National Laboratory for the Study of Rural Telemedicine - University of Iowa (USA) - Encourages interdisciplinary research into the causes, consequences and prevention of communicable, chronic, environmental and occupational diseases in countries with substantial agrarian economies.
- National Rural Behavioral Health Center - Provides information on research, education, and extension center at the University of Florida.
- National Rural Health Alliance - National body working to improve the health of Australians living in rural and remote areas.
- National Rural Health Association - A national membership organization whose mission is to improve the health and health care of rural Americans and to provide leadership on rural issues through advocacy, communications, education and research. The NRHA is a nonprofit association headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, with a government affairs office in Washington, D.C.
- National Rural Health Services Research Database - Funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy. Its goal is to create, disseminate and maintain a database of funded rural health services research projects underway in the United States
- North Carolina Rural Health Research and Policy Analysis - The Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research is one of two federally-designated Rural Analysis Centers working to identify problems in rural health.
- North Dakota Office of Rural Health - A state and national resource for information in diverse rural health areas.
- Nurseweek/Healthweek|Rural Technology - Latest news and employment opportunities for healthcare professionals. This article is about rural healthcare in America.
- Oregon Office of Rural Health - Provides policy, coordination and advocacy, recruitment and placement of practitioners, and serves as a clearinghouse for information on rural health issues.
- Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health - The mission of the Office is to improve the health of rural communities and their residents throughout the Commonwealth by implementing numerous objectives.
- Presbyterian Medical Services Rural Health Care - A non-profit corporation providing medical, dental, rural healthcare, and human service programs to underserved communities in the Southwest.
- Rural Health America - Provides consulting services to medical clinics, physicians and mid-level practitioners in the field of rural healthcare. (Spotsylvania, VA)
- Rural Health Clinic Administration and Operation - Rural health care in Michigan.
- Rural Health Education Foundation - Australian not-for-profit charitable organisation delivering live interactive television education to rural and remote health professionals.
- Rural Health Education Network of Delaware, Otsego, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties (USA) - Their focus is on strengthening health education to the community and coordinate and integrate health care services to the Network Counties.
- Rural Health Policy Council - Information and assistance for rural healthcare providers and residents. (California)
- Rural Health Resources - A consulting firm working with rural departments of health, and other service providers to design new solutions to today's rural health care delivery challenges.
- Rural Healthcare in Nebraska - Rural hospitals: fighting for survival.
- Rural Healthcare Information - Information about all aspects of rural development including the areas of healthcare.
- Rural Information Center Health Service - Joint project of the Office of Rural Health Policy, Department of Health and Human Services, and the National Agricultural Library (NAL), United States Department of Agriculture. Operating as part of NAL's Rural Information Center (RIC), RICHS collects and disseminates information on rural health issues.
- RuralNet - Marshall University School of Medicine's Online Rural Health Magazine, written and published by MUSOM students.
- Tennessee Primary Care Association - Not-for-profit corporation with the goal of strengthening community-based primary health care systems in Tennessee.
- WWAMI Rural Health Research Center - The Center's focus is to perform policy-oriented research on issues related to rural health care. (WWAMI=Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).