- Back Home Magazine - Do-it-yourself, self-reliant living.
- Cottage Living - Guide for cottage, cabin and recreational property owners. Read cottage related articles, get your cottage questions answered and link to a host of related cottage and cabin sites.
- Country Advertiser - Directory of US country business links, free classifieds, independent lifestyles, domain names, website development, wholesale sources, outdoor pursuits.
- Countrylife.net - Portal to simple living with links to herbs, homesteading, home dairy, and livestock.
- CountryRoads Network - An information resource for America's rural population, providing links to valuable sites about farming, health, travel, recreation, investing, cooking, news, cars and trucks, and religion.
- Countryside Magazine - Selected articles from the printed magazine for readers seeking voluntary simplicity and greater self-reliance with emphasis on home food production--gardening, cooking, food preservation, livestock and more. Has an active forum.
- Down on the farm - Includes farmer Jocelyn Hainsworth's diary, reports, pictures and essays on farm life from CBC News.
- Ewe Magazine - General magazine articles on pets, cooking, farming, village web sites, and other rural interests.
- Internet Hay Exchange - Free International hay listing service for the US and Canada.
- Kountry Life - An interactive country and rural living site with discussion forums, photo gallery, articles, how-to information, humor, sounds, and recipes.
- Log and Timber Style - The magazine for log and timber frame homes, building, log cabins, architecture, design, decorating, real estate and rustic furniture.
- MSN Community - Rural country living in New England online community with chats.
- Our Country Haven - Forum for old-fashioned tips for home business and frugal living.
- ProgressiveFarmer.com - Forums and news for farmers and people involved in rural issues.
- Rural Index - A guide to rural, countryside and environmental websites in UK, designed for those who live, work in or value the rural way of life.
- Rural Living Canada - A concise directory of Canadian non-urban lifestyle information, news and websites.
- Self Reliant Living - Information, articles and links related to living simply, permaculture, homesteading, self sufficiency, natural living, and homeschooling.
- Self-Sufficiency in Style - Homesteading, hobby farming and survivalism, essays in simple living.
- Soil and Health Library - A free how-to and encouragement resource for self-supporters with little cash, for non-domineering environmentalists, and folks frustrated with urbanity.
- Straw Bale Building - Service and training contact information.
- The Urban Rancher - The Texas A&M University site dedicated to improving rural living with information on natural resources, rural life, and the urban-rural interface.
- Tobacco Farm Life Museum - North Carolina museum of early 20th-century farm life, rural social life, Southern medicine, and domestic skills.
- Yonder Way - For the small farmer, homesteader, or country family. Articles, a bulletin board, and links for homesteading and small farm resources.