Home / Reference / Archives / Historical and Cultural
- Arts/ Photography/ Techniques and Styles/ Documentary/ Archives@ (27)
- Reference/ Museums/ Arts and Entertainment/ Film and Media/ Film_Archives@ (28)
- Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives - A non profit organization devoted to the preservation and dissemination of the history of the North American role in the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939). Supervises a major archive at New York University's Tamiment Library.
- African American Collections - This collection draws upon church minute meetings, extension bulletins, personal papers,and oral histories to document the history of blacks in Alabama.
- Agricultural and Farm Collections - Online database made up of a variety of associations records, personal papers, court decisions and short histories.
- American Jewish Archives - The Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives holds one of the world's largest collections of historical materials pertaining to the American Jewish Experience.
- American Memory - Primary source and archival materials relating to American culture and history from the Library of Congress, as part of the National Digital Library.
- Archives of Women in Science and Engineering - Iowa State University houses this archive born from the need to document the history of women in science and engineering, their social history and scientific achievements.
- Bradford Textile Archive - Large collection of 19th and 20th century textiles, fabrics, design and related materials, reflecting the history of the Yorkshire textile industry. Part of Bradford College.
- C.L.R. James Institute - Documentation and research center that has an extensive library of published and unpublished materials in several media, as well as manuscripts, correspondence, personal papers and other material by and about James and related figures and movements.
- Center for American History - A special collections library, archive, and museum that facilitates research and sponsors programs on the historical development of the United States.
- Churchill College: The Churchill Archives Centre - Built to house Sir Winston Churchill's papers - some 2,200 boxes of letters and documents.
- França Doria Family Archive - Private archive with documents dating back to 1484. ISAD description and basic holdings information.
- Godey's Lady's Book - A University of Vermont collection of images and articles from the popular 19th century magazine. Searchable archives of both samples and complete issues.
- Hershey Community Archives - Collects, preserves, provides access to materials documenting the history of chocolate king Milton S. Hershey, and his model town, Hershey, PA, USA.
- Historic New Orleans Collection - The Williams Research Center offers scholars access to extensive collections related to the Gulf South, particularly New Orleans and Louisiana.
- Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew Manuscripts - The Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew Manuscripts has collected microfilm copies of all Hebrew manuscripts extant in public and private collections. Over 60,000 reels, representing more than 90% of known Hebrew manuscripts are available for the use of scholars and interested laymen.
- Jazz Archive - Tulane University's Hogan Jazz Archive is an internationally renowned resource for New Orleans Jazz research.
- LaGuardia and Wagner Archives - Repository for 20th century political and social history of New York City.
- Maritime Archives and Collections Society - A not-for-profit foundation dedicated to marine history and conservation, maritime research and nautical education.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers Project at Stanford University - This site contains secondary documents written about Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as primary documents written during King's life.
- Moonstone Research Publications - Specializes in historical research in a variety of periods. Offers links to online resources, mailing list distribution of documents, and the company newsletter. Most on-site content requires a paid subscription to access.
- NA3T: The National Archive of Transport, Travel and Trade - British institution dedicated to preserving photographic records of transportation systems. Selected pictures, background and contact information.
- National Anthropological Archives - The National Anthropological Archives collects and preserves historical and contemporary anthropological materials that document the world's cultures and the history of anthropology.
- OECD Archives - The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development has a general policy of releasing the declassified archives of the Organisation, the archives of its predecessor, the Organisation for European Economic Co-operation, and the archives of associated bodies approximately 30 years after the creation of the archives.
- Providence Archives - Historical archives of the Sisters of Providence in the western United States and Providence Health System, Seattle, Washington, from 1856 to the present.
- Sakharov Archives - Elena Bonner, the widow of the Soviet physicist, Andrei Sakharov (1921-1989), donated her husband's archives to Brandeis University. The collection of personal papers, official documents, audio-visual material and memorabilia document Andrei Sakharov's personal life and work.
- Saskatchewan Archives - Agency maintaining comprehensive archival collections in Regina and Saskatoon. Hours, holdings information, services, policies and news.
- Sources for the History of Agriculture and Rural Life - The Archive collects nationally with regard to the records of agricultural and scientific organizations; its central core of collections documents agriculture in the Midwest, and more specifically in Iowa.
- Southwestern Research Center of Northern New Mexico - Non-circulating library and archives specializing in southwestern art, history, and cultures - links to a searchable database of this catalog and affiliated library collections.
- Spanish Civil War Collection, Brandeis University - A collection of more than 5,000 books and pamphlets pertaining to various aspects of the Spanish Civil War, the Spanish exiles, the Franco regime, as well as, literary works pertaining to the conflict.
- Stuhr Museum and Archives Research Department - Materials relating to the history of Hall County, central Nebraska, and the Great Plains of the US, with special emphasis upon town building and community development.
- The American Archives of the Factual Film - As a research center for the preservation and study of 16mm non-theatrical films, the AAFF collects business, educational, and documentary productions.
- The American Jewish Historical Society, Library and Archives - Has extensive holdings of personal manuscripts, organizational records, books, sheet music and photographs. Its collections represent Jewish contributions to social, cultural, economic, political and religious life in the Americas.
- The Amistad Research Center - Amistad is among the largest of the nation's repositories specializing in the history of African Americans. Papers of African Americans and records of organizations and institutions of the African American community make up about 90 percent of the Center's holdings.
- The Caribbean Collection - An archival survey of the records of the Jamaican and Trinidadian Communities of Brooklyn by the Archives and Special Collections Division of the Brooklyn College Library.
- The Currier & Ives Foundation - History, gallery, restorations, resources, and links dealing with the noted firm.
- The Isca Historical Photographic Collection - An archive of more than 40,000 images relating to the City of Exeter, Devon, England, UK. Site provides sample images, photographic history, and links to related resources.
- The Judaica Archival Project - The Judaica Archival Project is the non-profit, preservation and access program of Machon Mekorot Institute, dedicated to preserving Sifrei Kodesh (Rabbinics).
- The Louisiana Collection - The Louisiana Collection archive contains materials relating to all aspects of Louisiana history and culture from colonial times to the present.
- The Romanian Collections of the Hoover Institution Archives - Index of primary sources (written and audio-visual) on the history of Romania, as well as Eastern and Central Europe, in the 20th century. Hosted in the Hoover Institution Archives.
- The Rothschild Archive - Historical records of the Rothschild family.
- The Shubert Archive - Research repository that documents the history of the Shubert brothers and the theatrical empire they created. The collection includes costume and set designs, scripts and photographs.
- Victoria Women's Movement Archives - These archives are a collaborative effort of feminist groups in Victoria, the University of Victoria Archives, and the Department of Women's Studies.