Home / Health / Senior Health
- Health/ Conditions and Diseases/ Neurological Disorders/ Alzheimer's@ (145)
- Health/ Conditions and Diseases/ Neurological Disorders/ Dementia@ (61)
- Shopping/ Health/ Disabilities@ (1373)
- Shopping/ Health/ Disabilities/ Assistive Technology/ Hearing/ Hearing_Aids@ (32)
- Business/ Financial Services/ Insurance/ Agents and Marketers/ Health/ Long_Term_Care@ (52)
- Health/ Conditions and Diseases/ Eye Disorders/ Macular_Degeneration@ (24)
- Health/ Conditions and Diseases/ Musculoskeletal Disorders/ Arthritis/ Osteoarthritis@ (20)
- Health/ Conditions and Diseases/ Musculoskeletal Disorders/ Osteoporosis@ (72)
- AAOS On-Line Service - American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Public information area includes material about arthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis, total joint replacement and the prevention of back pain and broken hips.
- AARP Research Center - Health and Long-Term Care - Information, research results and policy insights about access to health care and long-term care; financing care, benefits and services; Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance; managed care and consumer protection; advance directives and ethical issues; malpractice, fraud and abuse.
- Action for Healthy Aging and Elderly Care - The Novartis Foundation for Gerontological Research. Areas of interest to physicians and researchers, other healthcare professionals, and patients. Weekly news updates from Reuter's Health Information. Patient area topics include impaired mobility and nutrition. The Ask the Expert forum is free to view, but does require registration if you wish to participate.
- AgeNet.com - Health and drug information specific to seniors including online senior drugs reviews of commonly prescribed drugs for the elderly.
- Aging Issues Message Board - Forum on the process and affects of aging.
- Aging-PA: Aging Information for PA - Aging information for Pennsylvania with links to long term care, educational programs, senior health sites, and other important issues.
- Anti-Aging Programs - How to preserve quality of life by taking better care of yourself
- Avoiding Slips, Trips and Broken Hips - Supports the ongoing UK Department of Trade and Industry campaign on falls prevention aimed at older people in the home.
- C-Health - A health and wellness site that has articles and user forums.
- CMRI- Medicare Information - Information on Medicare for beneficiaries, their families and providers.
- CNN Health News for Seniors - CNN and WebMD present information and health news for seniors.
- ElderHope, LLC - Provides information, inspiration, support, links and book recommendations to the elderly, their caregivers, and the bereaved.
- FirstGov for Seniors - Includes information on health conditions, medical coverage, and offers links to state resources.
- HealthAnswers - Senior Health - Source for information regarding aging. Offers videos on senior health issues.
- Healthy Aging Campaign - National, ongoing, health promotion designed to broaden awareness of the positive aspects of aging and to provide inspiration to adults, ages 50 plus, to improve their physical, mental, social and financial health.
- InfoAging.org - Provides research-based information on a wide range of age-related diseases, conditions, issues, features, and news.
- International Year of Older Persons 1999 U.N. - 'Towards a society for all ages.' United Nations/Division for Social Policy and Development.
- Jannsen Eldercare - Information and resources on medical conditions related to aging, health insurance, Medicare, and nursing homes for the health care professional, consumer and caregiver.
- Keiser Institute on Aging - Information on the enhancement of older adult wellness by changing the perceptions of aging and improving the quality of life.
- Latino Gerontological Center - A private, non-profit organization, devoted to improve the quality of life of Hispanic seniors and their communities.
- Lifesphere Retirement Communities - A not-for-profit family of services that offers exceptional retirement community living, home-delivered services, senior centers, a radio station, consulting services in Ohio.
- Lifetimes Medical and Wellness Information Network - Health and wellness information for senior citizens, including an assistance center, wisdom and support, and healthy living.
- Lifting Me Higher - Women issues from dating to health and everyting in between. For the 50 plus.
- medbroadcast.com - Aging - Information on strokes, osteoporosis, arthritis, growth hormone deficiency, Alzheimer's disease, death and dying, and palliative care.
- Medicare Rights Center - A not-for-profit organization that is the source for Medicare consumers and Medicare professionals
- Mental Health and Aging - This site will assist older adults and their families in obtaining appropriate mental health and aging services, and teach them how to advocate to get their needs met.
- Network Of Care - Community-based resources and tools for seniors, people with disabilities, caregivers and service providers.
- Our Senior Years Health Topics - Articles on multiple health concerns for senior citizens, written by doctors and nurses.
- Pfizer for Living - Offering personalized articles, health management tools and health information. Requires free registration.
- Phrma: Publications: Patient Assistance - Lists drug companies that have free medication programs. If you click on a particular company you can access eligibility requirements and contacts.
- Pro-Ops - Articles on common health conditions in senior citizens.
- Research into Ageing - This national registered charity in the UK furthers medical research in healthy aging at universities, hospitals and medical schools. Current research programs, newsletter, fundraising and links. Free pamphlets. "Exercise for Healthy Ageing" book and "More Active - More Often" video available for purchase.
- Senior Connections - Resources for seniors and their caregivers in Virginia
- Senior Gold - A directory and information service, specialized to the demands of the senior's community.
- Senior Health - Listings on physicians, nutrition, drug trials and caregiver support for seniors.
- Senior Health Topic Center - Advice on leading a happy and healthy life as you age. With information on arthritis, osteoporosis, heart disease, sound sleep and more.
- Senior Health Week - News and information for seniors.
- Senior One Source - Referral service and magazine designed to help seniors achieve a healthier life.
- Senior Wellness - Offering important,useful, and up-to-date health and wellness information for seniors and their caregivers.
- Seniority Health - Health issues, medical concerns and wellbeing for the 50+
- Seniors Resource Guide - A guide to senior services and resources on healthcare providers, housing options, emergency services, community resources, and professional articles on aging.
- Seniors Safety - covers issues from elder abuse to genealogy, as well a place for seniors to speak out.
- SeniorWorld Online - A directory of health, fitness, and nutrition for seniors.
- Staying Healthy at 50+ - AHRQ consumer information on ways people age 50 and older can stay healthy, tips on living habits, to help prevent disease, screening tests, and immunizations.
- The Geriatric Institute - Geriatric medicine, geriatric psychiatry, ethical dilemmas when dealing with the elderly, a comprehensive Canadian geriatric resource library, for those involved in gerentology. Password required for certain areas of the site.
- The National Advisory Council on Aging - The NACA is a Canadian federal government organization.
- The Patient Education Forum - The American Geriatrics Society. Aging FAQ.
- ThirdAge Health - Starting point for people over 40 for information about a healthy life and life style.
- U.S. Consumer Gateway - Aging and eldercare links. Information topics include Hearing Aids, and Health Care.
- When Does Someone Attain Old Age? - The Ohio Department of Aging, Senior Series. SS-101-96.
- www.therubins.com - Health, medical and social information of interest to the elderly.
- Zurich Care Solutions - Offers practical advice and insurance products to the elderly and their families.