Home / Health / Aging
- A Primer on Aging - An article on what aging is about, how to slow it down, and how to accommodate it. Books and videos on aging and anti-aging, plus links to other sites on aging.
- Administration on Aging - Comprehensive information and resources on aging.
- Age Concern Waltham Forest - Non-profit organisation which provides a range of services and activities for older people. England.
- Aging Research at U. Tx. Health Science Center at San Antonio - GRECC, AREC, Positively Aging, Nathan Shock Center
- Aging Research Centre - Recent aging related articles on the biological implications of aging.
- Aging Services Network of Volusia / Flagler Counties - A resource directory for both service providers and family members searching for assistance for the elderly in our community.
- Aging: MCW HealthLink - From the Medical Collge of Wisconsin.
- America's Senior Choice - America's Senior Choice is a non-profit association offering information, services, and benefits to the senior market.
- American Museum of Natural History - Aging - A brief overview on aging, the human life cycle and longevity from an anthropological point of view.
- AnnaMarie's Place - A resource center for beginning caregivers of patients with Alzheimer's or related dementias. Special section for caregivers in Northeast Florida.
- Anti-Oxidants Slow Down Aging - New research from The University of Florida.
- Caregiver's Haven - An excellent informative site on Caregiving. Tips and helpful links.
- Center for Aging Research and Education - Describes this non-profit organization which is dedicated to conducting research and educating aging Baby Boomers on a variety of health-related and financial topics.
- Elder Check Inc. - A non profit educational and advocacy resource group for the elderly and their families. Services include home care assessments, resident follow-up, community education, and support groups.
- ElderCare Online - Comprehensive library of articles, educational modules, and online support services for people caring for aging loved ones, and the professionals who serve them.
- Hoffman Family Homepage - Bob Hoffman's Family Homepage - excellent personl site. This man cares for his wife till her death this past year. Gives lots of good insight into how Alzheimer's affects the family and spouse.
- Homeopathic Human Growth Hormone for Physiologic and Psychologic Health - Research Study - Three Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Studies Barbara Brewitt, Ph.D., James Hughes, M.D., Elizabeth A. Welsh, Ph.D., Robert Jackson, D.C. Research-Data.com
- Huffington Center on Aging: Geriatric Education and Research - Research center offers stories of seniors making the most of their senior years and information on aging. Includes newsletter in pdf format.
- Index of /2000/HEALTH/aging/ - Year 2000 CNN articles on aging.
- Infoaging.org - Sponsored by the nonprofit (AFAR), this provides the latest research-based information on healthy aging.
- International Longevity Center - A non-profit, non-partisan reseach and education organization in the US helping societies address longevity population aging in postitive productive ways. Press releases, reports, and essays.
- LTC Link - A listing of non-commercial long-term care links.
- Native Elder Health Care Resource Center - National resource center for older American Indians, Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians
- New England Centenarian Study - The NECS is the largest genetic study of centenarians in the world with approximately 1,000 subjects enrolled including centenarians, their siblings and children and control subjects.
- Pfizer Women's Health Resources - Interactive resources for menopause, depression, GYN, allergies, diabetes, Alzheimers disease, sexual and reproductive health and other womens health issues, to detect symptoms, find treatment and live healthy.
- SAGE KE - Science of Aging Knowledge Environment. Science's online resource for researchers in the field of aging.
- Senior Services of Island County - Provides services to seniors residing in Island County. Services include a senior center in Langley, Meals on Wheels, and senior activities.
- Suite 101 - Healthy Aging - Article about entering a revolution in aging.
- The Aging Experience - A monthly program exploring the stereotypes and taboos of growing old. From Capital Public Radio in Sacramento, CA.
- The Aging Portal - Comprehensive portal to aging on the Web. Features an in-depth web directory, Popular search categories, helpful links and more.
- The Gerontological Society of America - A multidisciplinary national organization of professionals in the field of aging.
- The Goodman Group - The Goodman Group is a national company comprised of four operating entities: Sage Company, which focuses primarily on developing and managing commercial properties, residential and senior living communities and health care facilities; John B. Goodman Limited Partnership, a development and
- The Letter Visitor - Letter sent weekly for aged or shut-ins when you don't have time to write. Written contacts with elderly help to brighten their day.
- The Original Formulator of Rejuvenex - Rejuvenex® Skin Care Line and Hi-Power Multi Vitamin antioxidant formula are Professor Carmen Fusco's formulations. Rejuvenex® enables skin cells to regenerate underlying collagen.
- National Institute of Aging - Government site with information on research and practical resources for the aging population.