Home / Computers / Artificial Life
- Alife + - Artificial Life links: research groups, individuals, institutions, resource pages, software - tools, simulation and analysis packages, and bibliographies.
- ALife Bibliography - On-Line Publications on Artificial Life and related fields.
- Alife software resources by Lachlan Cranswick - An exstensive list of alife programs for Mac, PC and Linux
- alife.net - alife.net promotes the alife (artificial life) community by offering news, discussions, polls, software
- Artificial Intelligence - Artificial Life - AI, TSP, GA, GP, ants - Links to artificial life/intelligence projects, with nice collection of links to swarming Java applets.
- Artificial Life and Other Experiments - Artificial life and Genetic algorithms experiments written in java and tcl with free source code plus 3D doll pictures and web design experiments
- Artificial Life by Jpr - Some of the main alife topics illustrated by applets or applications. A link section is also available.
- Artificial Life Games - Developer of artificial life games as free software with open source code - download the game and source code.
- Artificial Life Guide - Stewart Dean's introduction to artificial life.
- Artificial Life Journal - Published by the MIT press
- Artificial Life OnLine 2.0 - An Artificial Life Community, combining different information resources on both the academic and amateur alife research.
- Artifitial life - Aritifitial Life based on evolutionary neural network.
- Autómatas Celulares/Cellular Automata - Some theoretical and practical aspects about Cellular Automata, complex dynamical systems based on local interactions and with global emergent properties.
- Biota.org - A group project exploring living 3D asthetic worlds.
- Boids: A Distributed Behavioral Model - Simulations of group motion in flocks, herds, and schools, along with related phenomena. Includes many links to related applications and research, e.g. Artificial Life.
- CALresCo - Complexity and Alife Research and information - CALResCo promotes free world-wide education about Complex Systems
- CALT Encyclopedia -- Artificial Life - A collection of resources related to artificial life. Includes a section for social sciences (social micro-simulation)
- CD-Rom of Tufts Symposium - Artificial Intelligence and Darwinism Symposium held at Tufts University in March 1995
- comp.ai.alife Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - comp.ai.alife Frequently Asked Questions
- Complex adaptive systems - William M. Spears exploration of Genetic Algorithms (Evolutionary Algorithms), Neural Networks, and Simulated Annealing.
- Complex Systems Virtual Library - Artificial Life - Links to online documents about artificial life.
- Computer simulation of societies - A library of links related to social simulation around the world.
- Digital Biology - Digital Biology was established in order to conduct research into, and develop technology based on, artificial life.
- Erik Max Francis' artificial life links - A fairly extensive and categorized list of links to sites regarding artificial life and related fields.
- European Conference on Alife. - The 5th European Conference on Artificial Life,Switzerland, September 1999
- EvoWeb - European Network of Excellence in Evolutionary Computing - Comprehensive information resources for the field of evolutionary computing.
- Geb - Evolving AI-Life - Alastair Channon's artificial life project.
- Hitch-Hiker's Guide to Evolutionary Computation - The FAQ for comp.ai.genetic, the genetic computing newsgroup.
- ISAAC and EINSTein - An Artificial-Life Approach to Land Warfare
- Java Applets for Neural Network and Artificial Life - An exaustive list or programs using alife type techniques (English/Japanese)
- Jeffrey Ventrella's Site - Gene Pool, Darwin Pond and papers on Artificial Life.
- Kismet's Web Page - Kismet: A Robot for Social Interactions with Humans
- Lotus Artificial Life - Contains various java applications related to artificial life.
- New Scientist: AI AND A-LIFE - A authoritative guide to these two topics form the UKs leading sciences magazine.
- Philosophy of Artificial Life Bibliography - A gathering of citations and minimal annotations of all work concerning philosophical issues related to Artificial Life.
- Simulating Self-Organising Innovation Networks (SEIN) - The aim of this project is to understand better the structure and dynamics of innovation networks using insights from self-organisation theory
- The Avida Artificial Life Group - The avida group is studying the processes which make living systems appear 'alive'.
- The Computational Beauty of Nature - Companion site for the book by Gary William Flake. Contains applets and source code for simulations of fractals, chaos, complex systems, and adaptation.
- The Golem Project - An exploration of evolving robotic forms in a virtual world and then translation these to real world robots.
- The Omicron Group - Aan independent multidisciplinary research group specializing in complex systems, evolutionary computation, and adaptive agent simulation
- The Temple of Alife - A good designed site with many interactive applets introducing you to artificial life.
- Virtual ALife Library - On-line repository of ALife papers.
- ATR - Human Information Processing Research Labs - Home of Tierra, "Robokoneko" (robot child cat) and some of the most exciting real world alife work around.
- Cyberlife Research - Putting the life back into technology. Includes robotic gliders and alife research based on the creatures games but now an independent company.