- Administrative Divisions of Countries - Worldwide reference for states, provinces, governorates, counties, districts, and other subdivisions of countries
- Australasian Urban and Regional Information Systems Association Inc. (AURISA) - Source of information in the Australiasian Region for urban and regional information systems with emphasis on policy, applications and technology.
- Canadian Council for Geographic Education - Aims to strengthen geographic education in the classroom, and to increase the public awareness of the importance of geographical literacy.
- Canadian Geographic Online - Online information about the geography of Canada.
- CountryWatch.com:Website to The World - Country Information: including current political, historical, economic, environemental, demographic data.
- Cyber-Geography Research - An initiative to map cyberspace, this site contains a variety of pages dedicated to helping the viewing not only understand "cyber geography" but to visualize it as well.
- Environmental Geography - Dr. James Hayes Bohanan - Geography of the environment, and the use of the web in higher education.
- European Spatial Planning Resource and Information Database (ESPRID) - The database focuses on the spatial dimensions of territorial development processes and the spatial impacts of EU, national, regional and local policies across the European continent.
- Footnotes to History - Subtitled "The nations you didn't learn about in high school geography," this site creates a guide to ephemeral states, micronations, and secessionist states.
- Geo-Globe Interactive Geography - Test your geographic knowledge on this online game and quiz site. Contains geographic web resources that allow you to explore world geography in greater detail.
- Geo-Guide - A subject gateway to scholarly information in earth science, geography and mining. From the Goettingen State and University Library.
- Geographic Learning Site - Geography site with maps, geographic news, country information, flags, geography facts, and more.
- Geographic.org - Learn about world geography, climate, countries, people, maps, flags and much more. Intended for elementary through junior high school students.
- Geographical - A site that explores the world. The online resource on travel for schools, professionals and enthusiasts alike.
- Geography Links - Web directory of general geography links provided by the University of Northern Iowa.
- Geography Resource Center - Internet Resources for Geographers
- Geography Resources on the Internet - An ever expanding list of links to geography resources on the Web.
- Geography World - A massive collection of links on all aspects of geography.
- Geosource - Web resources for human geography, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science. Provided by Utrecht University Library.
- GIS and Mapping Links - Links to Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping sites on the internet. All links are verified every month.
- Global Geografia - Country data, maps and flags and other geographic information.
- Global Population Project - Current population figures for cities, towns and regions of countries.
- Global Statistics - A collection of tables and graphs providing a statistical look at countries, their population, area, capital, main cities, etc.
- Globastat - Country rankings based on CIA World Factbook data, in more than 140 categories, with economic, demographic, communications, military, and other statistics.
- History of the International Date Line - Extensive information on the circumnavigators paradox and the history of its resolution.
- Infoplease Political and Reference Atlas - Infoplease Atlas has political maps of each region, country, and state with links to reference information.
- Information Please: Geography Resource - Geographic facts, lists, and statistics, including highest mountains, longest rivers, latitudes and longitudes, and explorations and expeditions.
- Island Information - Information on the world's islands, including island superlatives.
- Map Quiz - Map and Geography Trivia - Map and Geography trivia game. Questions include countries, U.S. States, capitals and flags.
- Mega Maps - Walk through the Continents - Free PC program to print out US or world maps of various sizes, up to 7 feet across, on an ordinary printer. Maps can be colored or used for educational projects.
- Mr. Dowling's Electronic Passport - An online geography class where students journey through time and space. Discover different people and cultures and further your study by following links.
- National Geographic Xpeditions - Explore a virtual museum and a wealth of teaching resources.
- National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) - A combat support agency of the Department of Defense. Established by the National Imagery and Mapping Agency Act of 1996, NIMA has a global mission and unique responsibilities to manage and provide imagery and geospatial information to national policy makers and military forces.
- NationbyNation: Reference on Countries of the Globe - History, geography, maps, economics, society as well as links and news feeds.
- PlacesNamed.com - Simple reference for United States place names.
- The Columbia Gazetteer of North America - Comprehensive encyclopedia of geographical places and features.
- The Degree Confluence Project - The Degree Confluence Project contains photographs of the intersections of integer latitude and longitude degree lines.
- The Geography Exchange - A combination of teaching resources, lessons and indexes of website links with an emphasis on physical geography.
- The START Natural Language Question Answering System - A system designed to answer questions that are posed in natural language. The system is especially equipped to answer geography queries.
- The Web of Culture - About cross-cultural communication. Also provides eneral geographic and social education on foreign nations and cultures, for preparation for visits from foreign countries.
- Traveleye - General information from around the world.
- US Census Bureau Geography - Mapping products and services, as well as geography resources used to compile the US Census.
- US State Department - Dependencies and Areas of Special Sovereignty - Listing of nations recognized by the US government.
- US State Department - Independent States of the World - Independent states with diplomatic relations with U.S. and member of UN. Country capitals, names, and more.
- Where? - An online geography games and quiz site.
- World Gazetteer - Information about current population of countries, their administrative divisions, cities and towns as well as images of the current national flags.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library - Geography - Web directory of resources in Geography, including educational links.
- Your own language and country - Information and links about all countries: tourism, dictionaries, search engines, life and religion.