Home / Arts / Humanities
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences - Honorary society that recognizes achievement in the natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities and conducts a varied program of projects and studies responsive to the needs of society. Features publications in PDF format, news, events calendar, as well as lists of members and fellows.
- American Council of Learned Societies - Private non-profit federation of sixty-six national scholarly organizations. Provides information on ACLS fellowships and grants in all fields of the humanities, publications, and the latest ACLS news.
- Arts and Humanities Data Service - A catalogue organized to collect, preserve and promote re-use of the electronic resources which result from research in the arts and humanities.
- Arts and Letters Daily - Daily report of news in art and literature. Includes reviews of new books, essays and articles.
- Australian Humanities Review - Peer-reviewed interdisciplinary electronic journal of the humanities published quarterly. Features full-text articles, contact details for the editorial board, as well as information for authors.
- Bouzou - News and links on the arts and society.
- Center for the Humanities - Supports individual teaching and research projects as well as serves as a communications resource for school programs and activities at Wesleyan University. Information on lecture series and the Andrew Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- CTI Centre for Textual Studies - Features links to resources in Literature, Linguistics, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Classics, Film Studies, and Theater Arts. Also offers a calendar of events and publications. Hosted by the Humanities Computing Unit at the University of Oxford.
- Emily's Page for the Humanities - A collection of annotated links to general resources. Contains sections devoted to texts online, journals and Medieval and Renaissance links.
- Envisioning: Studies in Image and Idiom - A publication made up of progressive explorations of political dissent, art history and visual culture. Features table of contents, exerts, abstracts, as well as submission details for authors.
- ETD - A clearing-house for information related to electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs) hosted by Matthew Kirschenbaum of the University of Virginia Library. Directory is broken down by discipline and features links to completed and works in progress.
- Event Horizon: A Journal of the Sciences and Humanities - Studies in the sciences and humanities from the Department of English at Rutgers University.
- Humanities - Collections by subject--provided by Stanford University.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Internet Resources - A directory of links hosted by the Faculty of Arts & Science, University of Toronto. Features a selection of general resources, as well as links to journals and information on scholarly publishing.
- Humanities Council of West Central Michigan - Offers public education programs in Lake, Mecosta, Newaygo, Oscwola, and surrounding counties. Features information on outreach, traveling displays, video tape library, speakers, and contact information.
- Intercultural Platform - A portal featuring links to literature and art. Features indigenous poetry, chat forum and an image gallery.
- Irish Resources in the Humanities - Directory of humanities sites of Irish interest. Categories include Irish Archaeology, Architecture, Archives and Libraries, Art, Geography, History, Irish Language, Literature and Theatre.
- Lexicon of Humanities - Site features basic glossaries, quotations, and bibliographies per discipline.
- Medical Humanities - NYU School of Medicine resources on literature, the arts and medicine.
- Mental Stirrings - a humanities site - Portal features articles and links for philosophy, literature, religion, history and art. Offers categories devoted to education, publications, as well as museums and specialty bookstores.
- Modern Humanities Research Association - Promotes advanced study and research in the field of the modern humanities, especially modern European languages and literatures (including English).
- National Endowment for the Humanities - Supports learning and funds research, education, museum exhibitions, documentaries, and preservation activities in the United States. Offers news and publications, as well as descriptions of current projects.
- National Humanities Institute - Promotes research, publishing, and teaching in the humanities, with emphasis on the ethical preconditions and purposes of culture and society.
- Penn Humanities Forum - University of Pennsylvania hosted program that provides a common ground for interdisciplinary exchange through cultural programs, fellowships and seminars. Features information on the program, calendar of events and links to related resources.
- Photoinsight - Offers images, papers and oral histories from artists and academics. The focus is on the area of identity, ethnicity, race and cultural difference. Features essays on theory, information on the project and contact details.
- Reason Magazine: The Culture Wars - A collection of articles from the libertarian magazine examining culture and its relationship to society.
- Southern Humanities Council - Organization that fosters interdisciplinary discussions across a broad range of topics relevant to contemporary issues in the South. Features information on the group's annual conference, membership details, publications and a newsletter.
- Stanford Humanities Laboratory - Cultivates new ways of producing and presenting knowledge in the humanities. Provides an overview of current research, news, staff profiles, and student opportunities.
- The English Server - Serves as a broad resource for a wide variety of literature-related materials, including text archives of both prose and poetry, fiction and non-fiction, as well as and other types of literature resources.
- The Stanford Electronic Humanities Review - Online version of the semi-annual interdisciplinary journal. Includes full contents of recent issues.
- The WWW Virtual Library: Humanities - A directory of resources maintained by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Göteborg University, Sweden. Features categories devoted to Archaeology, History, Philosophy, Religion, and academic departments, as well as general resources.
- Utah Humanities Council - Promotes lifelong learning using the humanities as a process of reflection, conversation and action. Features a description of the organization and activities. Also offers a calendar of events and contact details.
- Wayne State University Humanities Program - Features information for current and prospective students. Provides an overview of courses offered, faculty profiles and contact information.
- World-Wide Web Resources - Humanities - A catalog of annotated Internet resources maintained by the University of Kentucky Libraries. Offers sections devoted to English and American Literature, popular culture, Classical Studies, creative writing information for authors, Film, and Fine Arts.
- College of Humanities: Free-Ed.Net - Offers courses and educational resources hosted at the site and links to related resources. Also features tutorials and study guides.
- Voice of the Shuttle - Portal maintained by Alan Liu of the University of California, Santa Barbara. Features a history of the project, news and offers visitors the opportunity to participate by becoming volunteer editors.